Boot light?

I am glad mate............second modder ever biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Found the saxo light switch to be the best of the bunch I got from the scappy.

Did you mount the light in roughly the same position as my final design, as I had discovered on the trial version it fouled on the rear seat belt roller

Edited by mike_m

I used a switch, as above but only fed the power wire down to the battery. I drilled a small hole into the metalwork (behind the panel),cleaned off the paint and earthed there.

If i were a non GTI owner, I would do the same thing with the switch etc but, tap into a permanent feed that runs down by the o/s rear window. Its all the wiring for the tailgate and rear lights.

Edited by tshirt2k

Lovely job, well done. It is something that I have been meaning to do for about 18 months now and never got around to it, but I think you have just motivated me to do it, so ta for that!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's just perfect! I've seen some dodgy boot light contraptions in the past, but that one looks OEM. I'd love to do the same, but use OEM VAG parts only of course wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The lack of a boot light has been a mystery to me in my time owning a lupo, especially as they could find time to put a light in the ash tray.

The lack of a boot light has been a mystery to me in my time owning a lupo, especially as they could find time to put a light in the ash tray.

Well they are both about the same size anyway, maybe they got confused laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Lee.

Well they are both about the same size anyway, maybe they got confused laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Lee.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Why don't you just use the brown/white wire that runs in the pillar. It comes from the switch that indicates if the boot is open... I used it and it works perfect...

• 5 weeks later...

There is a micro switch in the boot lock which switches to ground when the boot is open , this can be used ONLY IF IT IS CONNECTED TO A RELAY as this micro switch will only pass 250 milli amps .

After this you can add as many lights as you wish just dont leve the booot open for more than a few hours , I have put 3 lights on mine one in the boot lid the other two in the side pannels .

Whilst you are working on the car you may also want to put some extra lights in the rear c posts , these can be wired in to the door circuit via the loom which runs to the map light , This mod is cool as when you unlock youre car the lights fade in as the map light dose .

I have had this mod working on my car from new with no adverse affects , both bulbs were 10 watts each .

There is a micro switch in the boot lock which switches to ground when the boot is open , this can be used ONLY IF IT IS CONNECTED TO A RELAY as this micro switch will only pass 250 milli amps .

After this you can add as many lights as you wish just dont leve the booot open for more than a few hours , I have put 3 lights on mine one in the boot lid the other two in the side pannels .

Whilst you are working on the car you may also want to put some extra lights in the rear c posts , these can be wired in to the door circuit via the loom which runs to the map light , This mod is cool as when you unlock youre car the lights fade in as the map light dose .

I have had this mod working on my car from new with no adverse affects , both bulbs were 10 watts each .

that sounds cool, got any pics?

cheers

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />