got car lowered today

Adam K

then had issues getting it off my m8s driveway...

lowered.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

lowered2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

driveway.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by Adam K

Never did it to mine. But like Twisty, they do look very good lowered. Just look a bit 4x4 as standard. Wheel to arch etc.

Just springs or coilys?

Jayson

right, here's my verdict. i'm really not happy with it now i've had it done.

the ride is way too hard, and the car has gained a few new squeaks and rattles now after only a day, and it also seems to handle like jelly on roller skates.

not sure if it's to do with the fact that it's just on springs and using the original shocks.

anyway, highly tempted to take them off again and return to standard till i can afford coilovers.

Its probably because your using springs with the standard shocks. You can get some really bad springs that make the car rock solid, i know my gmax springs make the car feel like the suspension was taken off completely.

coilovers will feel a lot softer, jens nearly feels standard on bumpy roads

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

yes that's it, mock me all you like but i'm still happy today cos last night i pulled a girl who i've been after for the last 6 months biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

looks like i might have a missus for valentines day.

lmao I love how you realise you have wasted cash on a lazer enlignment but think a women will solve the problem.

Man, you must have been without women too long if you think they can solve any problems tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Things can only get worse now mate, you wont be able to get your coilovers now, have to spend that money on the new lady biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

she understands the need for car stuff.

she drives a modded fto.

In that case mate, were both lucky like that as Kady trying to get me to do more mods to her Arosa and she understands that my car is my hobby and lets me spend money on it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Lowering a car does not guarantee improved handling!

Yes you have lowered the centre of gravity and increased roll resistance but springs and shock absorbers are designed to work together, the shock controlling the rate of spring compression and expansion and thus controlling the wheel contact with the road.

When my left front shock insert collapsed (seals failed) my car handled worse on coilovers than it ever had.

Looks nice lowered but I think a set of shock absorbers that are matched to the spring rate / characteristics of your springs would be a good next buy.