OLW's arosa update :D again

one litre wonder ;)

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£500 for the pair , but the work it top notch , they cut out the rub strips , melted them back together with a red hot iron , then drilled holes along the seam , then filled the holes with plastic/chemical weld so it would bite deep into the plastic , skimmed with filler , the upper and lower halfs were rivited together to make them a bit more ridged then chemical welded together , THEN they were high build primered twice to make sure they were smooth and then painted :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

after waiting 3 months on the bumpers im sitting on the fence whether or not to sell the smoothed out bumpers :lol: as i said in the thread in the arosa section im working on a sneeky front end , and the very few that know what im up to keep it under wraps as this is the only pic thats escaping into the public demain untill next year on the even new bumper side of things

DSC00557.jpg

i decided to take a day off of being sat in the garage and was trying to get a garage to diagnose the clunking noise with the stearing , turns out there all saying its the top mounts that are away

after waiting 3 months on the bumpers im sitting on the fence whether or not to sell the smoothed out bumpers :lol: as i said in the thread in the arosa section im working on a sneeky front end , and the very few that know what im up to keep it under wraps as this is the only pic thats escaping into the public demain untill next year on the even new bumper side of things

DSC00557.jpg

i know, i know!

I prefer the bumpers on your car as they were before smoothed craig, the lines in the bumper look good.

Thought you were coming to see me?

i know :blush: i got a wee bit carried away with working away that i completely lost track of time and the next thing i knew i was heading to work :blush:

@colin theres only 4 people that know

looks like ive almost sourced a BAM engine from a TT , and theres a local company called Semtech who do engine conversion , went in and had a chat with the guy about doing the conversion , turns out one of his guys works part time in audi as a senior technician and works part time in Semtech . hes asked me to leave it with him for a couple of days just to try and work a few things out on the conversion so :D :D

• 1 month later...

ach well its only taken my painted 3months again to get the bumpers finished off and i stopped by today and they are all painted up and look cool , just need to get them home and decide if i am going to actually run them or not :lol:

well i got a bit bored today and couldnt be arsed studying for my exam tomorow so i pulled off one smoothed off bumper and then fitted the one that i was working way on for weeks :lol: still not to sure which one to keep . this one has the vertical bars painted again like my old old bumpers used to be like

IMG_4028.jpg

IMG_4039.jpg

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4042-01.jpg

IMG_4043-01.jpg

IMG_4044-01.jpg

IMG_4045-01.jpg