slight incident

big_chris1981

was driving from southampton to portsmouth this arvo when a huge lump of stone smacked into the windscreen....bounced off....and smashed the windscreen of the T5 patrol car that was tailgating me.

stopped, got shouted at, got threatened, and then pointed out that it was no ones fault, that i wasnt responsible for debris on the road, and that he shouldnt have been so close behind me.

got givena producer, despite having all my documents on me, and get the feeling my time is about to be wasted.

what a rub tugger eh?

What did he actually say you were doing wrong? Odd he gave you a producer, without actually saying why.

I had a massive rock fly out of the back of a quarry lorry at christmas, gave me a nice big crack in the screen.

complain! i would have rinsed him for that! name and number please, police are not above the law!

im trying not to get angry this year, rememeber peeps?

i did get both of their numbers, im not a complete bannana.

will go in and ask to speak to someone senior.

end of the day though, their traffic - somewhere bellow the fecies eating bacteria that live in holiday camp toilets.

What a scumbag. angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> You'd better get an apology off the mardy-arsed git.

chance would be a fine thing, not sure wether it means im going to need a new screen for my first mot this year, theres 3 little dings of glass gone just above my eyelevel.....at least insurance will cover it.

chance would be a fine thing, not sure wether it means im going to need a new screen for my first mot this year, theres 3 little dings of glass gone just above my eyelevel.....at least insurance will cover it.

They've got to be fairly big to fail the MOT.

Have to say I don't fancy your chances either with the dibble. But I hope you do get the tithead into trouble for being a prize ass.

Go kick ass angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> totally out of order, you can't help what's on the road. What does he expect you to do, slam on the brakes when you see a pebble on the road?!

Edited by lunalupi

i think for the mot, on the drivers side, the crack can't be more than a centimetre within the wiper's sweep, and 5cm on the n/s!

what a bunch of cocks!

Agree that you shouldn't have to produce your docs but most likely you will produce them at the front desk of the station and the attending officer will wonder why you are even there and send you on your merry way.

You are right, it is a complete waste of your time but I would be amazed if anything came of it. Just a power hungry officer I think.

Go kick ass angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> totally out of order, you can't help what's on the road. What does he expect you to do, slam on the brakes when you see a pebble on the road?!

thing was, i dont know where it came from, i litterally saw it coming towards me, watched it hit, looked in the rear view mirror and saw a t5 snaking...then the blue lights came on....

there's nothing to prevent them pulling anyone over and getting them to produce their documents (depending on how old your car is mot certificate, insurance certificate and driving license paper and plastic copys) you shouldn't keep them in your car. You'll just show them to the person at the desk and that'll be the end of it IMO.

well, that was interesting.

apparently the locals dont like the traffic boys at all.......complaint form filled out, dci came down an had a chat with me about how theyre a bunch of ****ers.

couldnt beleive the langauge coming out of his mouth.

didnt want to see any of my documents, seemed much more bothered about going after the traffic boys.

oh well, not my problem any more.

and at crusoe - the guy went mental and started screaming at me, this wasnt a polite "do you know why we have pulled you over sir?" - back to ya rub tugging!

Yes there is by law they have to have a valid reason to pull someone over and ask for there documents. Obviously they had a reason in this case

don't think that's true anymore, with the new terrorist type laws all passed they can stop you for just looking dodgy or any number of reasons that don't have to be valid. angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

don't think that's true anymore, with the new terrorist type laws all passed they can stop you for just looking dodgy or any number of reasons that don't have to be valid. angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

lol not quite terrorism, in my expertience they are going mad with the anti social behaviour thing, and chris your insurance should cover it without effecting your no claims, because a crack or chip however small weakens the windscreen and will make the car overall more suseptable to worse damage in an accident... (did on one see the RAc windscreen repair advert a while back?!?!)