My GTI

Rob GTI

Finally got a digital camera so thought i would take some pics of my car. I've been on the forum for quite a while and have posted some rubbish pics taken with my phone before but i thought i'd post these ones for all to see.

The spec is completly standard except for german plates Mk5 polo rear wiper and factory options, including:

-Climate control

-Electric sunroof

-Full Leather interior (heated)

-6 disc changer in dash

-6 speed

-BBS split rims

I think thats it.

any comments welcome.

Cheers

DSC00089.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00088.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00090.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00095.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00130.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00128.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Here are the rubbish other pics:

Countryside.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

German.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Rob GTI

Nice car, this is the german spec one is it? Very nice. I like the R32 too, who's is that?  biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It cant be german spec as its right hand drive!

That's a confusing but awesome spec!

(wheels only ever available in Germany - climate control never available in the UK)

What you need is a VW MCD sat nav, and VW Phatbox to finish that off.

That would then be the spec to die for. (imo)

Edited by bossjohnc

Nice car, this is the german spec one is it?
It cant be german spec as its right hand drive!

Ah not this again biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This car is great, and I have to say, while its mostly a complete accident on your part Rob, this is my favourite GTi on the this forum other than mine of course, and maybe Lincolnshires GTi in runner up.

I just love the climate control screen, and those wheels, yum. Bossjohnc is very very correct, grab an MCD sat nav unit off ebay, wack it in and you have the best OEM GTi on the forum, all imho.

If you get chance mate, post a better interior shot, taken from the passenger side is always best. Only if you get chance of course.

How do you find your cliamte control works? cant really fault mine at all! stick it on auto and it does the rest wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Very nice mate, i love those wheels and plates. Did you have it in the winter? I ask as i want to know whether you've used your heated seats yet, i've got them in mine and they're excellent on those frosty mornings. Have you changed the rear wiper or did it come like that? The only thing i would change though, if it was my car, would be to swap the head unit and cd changer around.

thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" />

i have used it in the winter yes, and i love the heated seats, i dont know what people are talking about when they say its like you've wet yourself. i cant say i've ever had the experience of wetting myself that i remember!!

Forgot to say that i put the Mk5 Polo rear wiper on, good spot!!

Very nice mate, i love those wheels and plates.  Did you have it in the winter? I ask as i want to know whether you've used your heated seats yet, i've got them in mine and they're excellent on those frosty mornings. Have you changed the rear wiper or did it come like that? The only thing i would change though, if it was my car, would be to swap the head unit and cd changer around.

thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally I prefer the Bathursts (hint at a baby S3) but thats personal preference so who cares!

The interior is the best spec ever with climate and leather (proper luxuary in the small car sector this is).

Also the car looks in mint condition which is always nice to see.

Call me weird (i probably am) - but is anyone getting a 'proud dad' vibe from the R32.....?

wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Edited by jj10

Call me weird (i probably am) - but is anyone getting a 'proud dad' vibe from the R32.....?

wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

If I understand you correctly, which I think I do, then I agree, the Lupo GTi looks like the younger, cheekier (not a fracking word but nevermind), relation.

• 4 months later...

I've had the Lupo for a year now and I've done a few things to it, none of which are very original or revolutionary but here it is.

The car when i got it:

It was standard but with a good spec.

-Silver 51 plate with 28,000 miles

-6 speed

-Heated leather seats

-electric sunroof

-climate control

-BBS split rims

-6 disc in dash changer (now for sale)

What I've done:

-Mk5 Polo rear wiper

-Coin tray thing (replaced a cup holder)

-Sunglasses holder (from a new beetle)

-GTi sill plates

-Dension Ice lick with cradle (thanks Andy W for the help)

-MCD Sat nav (thanks bossjohnc for the help on that one!!)

-Refurbished alloys (careless previous owner, not me!)

-4 new Toyo Proxes

-German plates (now removed)

And here are the pics:

A couple of old ones, with German plates and standard hear unit,

DSC00091_edited.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC00128.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

And the new ones,

DSC01310.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC01313.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC01309.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC01308.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC01307.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC01316.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Sorry for the non-artistic photography!

Just like to say a big thanks to John and Andy for their help!

Cheers

Rob

Very nice mate, wish i had the sat nav, heated leather, bbs splits, climate control, to say i love you car is an understatment! One question though, why did you remove the plates and mounting plates? trouble with the law?

very nice..... its a 'one in a million' find that is! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Thanks for the comments everyone!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

One question though, why did you remove the plates and mounting plates? trouble with the law?

I had the plates on for a good few months and never had any problems with the police, however, when i was in Germany the Nurburgring officials weren't so impressed and i had to change them over or they wouldn't let me go out on the ring. In my hast i bent the front one because it was stuck on rather than using a mounting plate!!