Polishing method and products??

Hi all

Whats your method of getting a good clean shine and what products do you use?

Im new to cleaning the car myself, so i do the best i can with the autoglym kit. I removed the bumpstrips and got the glue off with tar remover and it looks clean. Ive got some black T cut, any pointers before i go at it?

Cheers in advance.

When i do get around to buying some more cleaning products, i plan for my first polish/wax to go like this:

Wash with meguiars Gold Class

Use Meguiars Stage-1 on the whole car

Use Meguiars Scratch-X on any scratches still present

Wax car with Meguiars NXT Wax

Then from that point on wash with Meguiars Soft Wash and a quick going over with Meguiars NXT Spray Wax (quick detailer). Then once a month re-apply the wax, and once a year redo all the above, lol.

Lee.

Because my car is black, I tend to avoid anything abrasive like tcut... tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I use either turtle wax black polish or autoglym super resin polish - depending on how long its been since I last polished her.

All the Meguiars products are brilliant. I've got a lambswool wash mit that I use to wash her and I use the quick detailer if she's in need of a quick polish.

Justin "I've won a trophy at every show this year" with the supercharged mk3 vr6 synchro (a fellow J29er) swears by Meguiars products.

I used meguiars Nxt Generation Tech wax, and also i used the Gold Class liquid wax, I found that on black they gave a bit of a smeary finish.

I now use AutoGlym ultra deep gloss which is Specifically made for Modern Dark colours particularly black... works a treat, Then i always throw a coat of Zymol wax on and a layer of Gloss Protection for good measure smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

most cleaning companies recomend not to use anything like t-cut more than 3 times in the entire life of the vehicle... can't remember who it was who said that now... I think it was the Autoglym rep.

I used meguiars Nxt Generation Tech wax, and also i used the Gold Class liquid wax, I found that on black they gave a bit of a smeary finish.

I will second that comment as I currently use both of these products and both do make black look amazing but you have to spend hours buffing and rebuffing or you are left with streaky marks.

Think I will move to Autoglym ultra deep shine (designed with black cars in mind) once the Meguiars has all gone. Will still use the Meguiars detailer though.

With black paint it is alkso best not to press to hard when polishing on or off as this marks the paint. Also dont polish in the heat as this leaves a poor finish after you have spent ages polishing.

I use meguiars and swissol products.

Meguiars gold class shampoo with lambswool wash mit

Swissol paint rubber (clay)

Swissol paint cleanser

Swissol Onyx Wax

Meguiars endurance tyre gel

Smooth peanut butter for any black plastic bodywork

www.swissol.com

What clay do you use, how much and where from? Also could I use my Auto Glym polish afterwards?

Do you all manually polish your cars or any of you machine polish?

Oh and one last thing what is the best thing to use to bring up the black plastic bits? i.e. under wing mirrors.

Right that's my 20 questions...

what is the best thing to use to bring up the black plastic bits?

I use Autoglym Instant Show Shine.It's an aerosol you can use all over the car as a quick detailer but i find it works really well on black plastic.It dries really well and covers without leaving streaks/patches and it lasts really well.Plus because it dries completely it doesn't attract dust etc like some of the gel type products.

I like to use:

(all Autoglym)

Bodywork Conditioner

Super Resin Polish

Glass Polish

Super Gloss Polish

Instant Show Shine

Instant tyre Dressing

Oh and one last thing what is the best thing to use to bring up the black plastic bits? i.e. under wing mirrors.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ive got lots of black plastic bits on my car and tried lots of products. i find the autoglym spray leaves it very patchy and wears off quick.

i now only use the meguires blackner and its amazing. it turns the plastic glossy black instantly (you can make it matt too if you didnt want shiny) and gives an even finish and lasts weeks!

Jen x