big_chris1981

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like it or lump it implies you are stuck with the car

Whats the case?  Can you return it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what I'm wondering, when Chris said he'd agreed that they do the work he said that they had said if he wasn't happy he could get a refund at any time. My worry was that they wouldn't hold to this, they already have his money, and you know how it can be to extract that in times of trouble.

Which is why I am curious to find out EXACTLY what he got in writing.

looks like im in the market for a new car.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be honest I can't say I'm surprised.

Look at it their way - given the choice between paying out for a full proper repair out of their own pockets or giving you your money back and selling it in a couple of months time to someone who doesn't notice/care for the same as they refunded you, which would you choose?

(From a purely business point of view, that is. Obviously the morally correct thing to do is to repair it properly, but we all know that car salesmen have no morals).

I can't beleive how stupid they're being - an aluminium wing with several kilos of filler in it defeats the object really.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Espcially when you look how little the cost of a new wing is.

If they were having to fill the damaged wing, and paint it.

Why would they not just unbolt the damaged wing and fit a new one?

tossers.

tossers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

buy the raven blue one in for sale section ... i know i would, infact i still might!!!

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

in writing they agreed to complete the repair to my satisfaction OR give me my money back.....so basically theyre now saying that theyve repaired it....thats as good as theyre going to make it.....if i dont like it i can have my money back.

waiting for a phone call to discuss a possible 3rd option regarding a brand new gti they have in stock at another dealer in their group.

final option is refund, and i look else where.....still not sure about the raven blue...but it is an option.

will keep you guys and girls updated, but as of now, im thoroughly disillusioned with vw customer care, and appaled with the HR Owen group, and their Citygate volkswagen arm.

i am never ever buying a new/ex demo VW from a UK dealership again, or dealing with a non independant vw dealership-windrush at slough will be who i go to for service i reckon.

crooks, thats what they are plain and simple.

tossers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They would prefere to repair as there would be a lot more labour involved in fitting a new wing.

big_chris1981 can you get pics of the repair and post them on here or mail them to me: Buzz_1658@hotmail.com

They would prefere to repair as there would be a lot more labour involved in fitting a new wing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not entirely tru, if they had properly panel beaten the wing and striahgtened it thats about 3 hours of labour, bu they bodged it with filler.

they did this cos labour costs them feck all, but parts have to be acounted for.

theyre bloomin' crooks.....

in writing they agreed to complete the repair to my satisfaction OR give me my money back.....so basically theyre now saying that theyve repaired it....thats as good as theyre going to make it.....if i dont like it i can have my money back.

waiting for a phone call to discuss a possible 3rd option regarding a brand new gti they have in stock at another dealer in their group.

final option is refund, and i look else where.....still not sure about the raven blue...but it is an option.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frankly, I think you stand a good chance of getting them to replace the wing actually, if it states that they have promised to repair to the customers satisfaction, I'm fairly confident you'll get somewhere.

But my advice is to stop dealing with the garage, HR Owen are a large PLC, the buck does NOT stop with the dealer manager. If you are getting nowhere with him (which is sounds very much like thats the case), say thankyou, but you want to deal with someone who can sort things, and that the manager has failed to do so.

Make notes of EVERYTHING, and I very much hope you already have, it will make getting what you want so much easier. Write down names, places, who said EXACTLY what. Catching them out on a tiny detail puts you in a good position to get what you want.

Now, VW customer care is also someone who you want to keep on your side, they may not always appear very powerful, but sometimes they do come through.

The deal on the new car is worth investigating, but as I said all those pages back, I'd be wary, they'll certainly sell it to you, but don't expect them to give you that car at what you paid for the one at the center of all this.

To be honest, I think you need to get organised, you don't elaborate in your posts and thats fine, but if it were me I'd be super organised, be firm, but fair, let them get angry if they want, but keep your cool. Don't make idle angry threats, they rarely work. Remember that VW CS are the ones that get the flak, but rarely the ones who cause the problems at the source (generally speaking), and that cataloging everything will build you a strong case.

Forgive me for lecturing, but its worth saying anyway.

My advice to you now, is to go as high as you can at HR Owen, yet report everything to CS too.

Blimey what a bummer sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Andy makes some good points above, but I'd personally be inclined to get your cash back and walk. Although the Lupo GTI is a rare car it's not like they only ever made 20.

Walk, and get the GTI you deserve elsewhere.

andy mate theyre wrigling out of it..it says if its not repaired to my satisfaction i can have a refund...but as far as theyre concerned its repaired properly..they see absoloutely nothing wrong with filler in a wing.

vw customer care have also expressed that this is SATISFACTORY procedure on a used car.

this is no longer a problem with the delaer this is a problem with VW, and if the parent company is going to tell the franchises that its ok to do these things im not gonna be able to make them do what i want, or more importantly, what they should.

the thing to remeber is that vw do not car about theyre customers - unless you have a toureg or a phaeton..which now have their own luxury cars customer care department......

seriously thinking about walking away and buying an alfa gtv......

the thing to remeber is that vw do not car about theyre customers

Your wrong there, they do care about they're customers, but they care about money more.

I will maintain I am surprised at what your getting from Customer care, is that the final word from them, have they said there is nothing else they can do? If they have said there is nothing more they can do, phone up the garage now and arrange a refund by the end of the day, and let us know, I'd be very interested to see how quickly you can extract the cash from them.

And if your thinking about buying an Alfa, remember, great cars, but terrible dealers on the whole, if you do go for that, find a dealer you can trust, I've dealt with some good ones but really bad ones too, and if you think VW can be bad, you ain't seen nothing yet my friend.

customer car say that since its a "used" car (read ex demo) that it is down to the dealer to do whatever they feel is acceptable.

will be picking up cash at 2pm, as ive just been told that the dealer no longer wants to deal with me and that they just want to give my money back.

looks like i really am a huge pain in the ass.

If I was you I'd be very loud as well so any customers around can hear "I'm here to pick up my cash as I will no longer be accepting the badly repaired car you mis-sold me".

Always a laugh, I did the same when I got a leaky Polo "Please can you look at my brand new car you just supplied as there's about 1" of standing water in the footwell" and then when I picked it up again "What part of 'fix the leak' did you not get?"

Chris, i'm sorry your experience with VW has been so bad! Working for a main dealer, i can honestly say that this type of behaivour does not surprise me at all, tho to be honest, i know that the dealership i work with would not treat you in the same way. I am appalled at their level of "service", and i'm glad you've named and shamed them, dealers like those are NOT needed in the VW circle.

I can also tell you that our bodyshop here would have replaced the wing, as its far easier and less labour to do so. i wish that i could help you out more, can have a word with the sales folk here if you still want a lupo gti, let me know bud!!

will be picking up cash at 2pm, as ive just been told that the dealer no longer wants to deal with me and that they just want to give my money back.

Well, good luck with that, I hope that it all goes smoothly for you and that you get it back. I'm a little worried about them trying something personally, but we'll see.

Just remember the reg details of the car, try and spot the reg plate so we can post warnings about the car too.

Chris, i'm sorry your experience with VW has been so bad! Working for a main dealer, i can honestly say that this type of behaivour does not surprise me at all, tho to be honest, i know that the dealership i work with would not treat you in the same way. I am appalled at their level of "service", and i'm glad you've named and shamed them, dealers like those are NOT needed in the VW circle.

I think this is worth bearing in mind, I know your angry Chris, I would be too and I've dealt with bad (Fiat) dealers before and its not pleasant, but remember that not all dealers are like that.

There are times I feel sorry for car dealers I must admit, my friend works for BMW and he is a top guy, hes young and he loves his job and although I was sceptical at first I've seen him bend over backwards to help, a credit to the industry. Sadly, for everyone of him there are twenty tossers willing to do whatever it takes to get sales.

not entirely tru, if they had properly panel beaten the wing and striahgtened it thats about 3 hours of labour, bu they bodged it with filler.

they did this cos labour costs them feck all, but parts have to be acounted for.

theyre bloomin' crooks.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mate trust me, there would be more labour costs involved in replacing the wing than repairing it...

well, its gone back. will post pictures and full reg details/vin number just so people know what theyre looking at with this car.

on the up side ive just bought the raven blue gti off putney's mate clive, and hopefully i will pick it up later this week.

might nip round to see you martin about an extended warranty biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />