how can things go so wrong?

big_chris1981

im going for a brand new one from vw stock....just had a very irate branch manager on the phone to me asking "who exactly do i think i am?" i told him that i was the man who was on the other phone line to trading standards....he then hung up.

im gonna string those mofo's alive.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah go chris go chris, report them to trading standards, as soon as trading standards are on to them im sure they will be glad to find u a new one!

theyre now back to talking about fixing it.

just been told by the delaership that 1 in every 3 brand new cars tat comes off the lorry needs bodywork, so i shouldnt worry too much about having a repair on mine.

still not convinced....and theyre looking for a low milage used one with aircon for me......

what should i do?

got a feeling they will try and dick me...or give me a refund, and thats it.

i figure if theyre doing a repair i want to see the parts theyve binned, and have an invoice for the new parts, and they can also give me some freebies..like extended warranty maybe?

Its a hard one because obvisously with only a few left out there its becoming difficult to get one! I still think you should get a refund or as you have said ask for a detailed list of what exactly needs replacing and then take a view on it possibly... 1 in 3 off the line need bodyshop? I doubt it!

if they do, it says an awful lot about vw's trnasport process....

if theyre repairing it i want to see the parts that come off.

the wing has a double edged dent in it, which i would say needs replacing..he disagrees and says they will repair it.

like feck they will...im not having an 8 month old car with body filler in the wing.

**** muffins

like feck they will...im not having an 8 month old car with body filler in the wing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Basically they change what you want or have your money back! and tell him you'll warn everyone on a lupo forum you use of the dealer and the car and you will tell as many people as you can about the car and to steer well clear of it! they sound like a bunch of complete muppets!

Edited by Ty

if they cant find me another, i may have too keen this one as aircon seems to be a super rare option...and i want it.

if they are repairing it though, i wont be taking it back unless i see the old parts they remove, and an invoice for the new bits.

from vw themselves...as in a  zero miles car.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I said, be VERY wary. It was posted recently that the last ones were now gone, except for maybe a few in showrooms at dealers. They may claim they are finding you a new one, only for it to turn up and it be a used one. The theory being that you'll be sick of the hassle and just go for whatever they find you. Don't put up with it. Walk.

just been told by the delaership that 1 in every 3 brand new cars tat comes off the lorry needs bodywork, so i shouldnt worry too much about having a repair on mine.

got a feeling they will try and dick me...or give me a refund, and thats it.

****, you think VW would put up with that sort of loss rate. Accidents happen yes, but hes just talking crap to make you feel more comfortable. But yes, you are right, they are going to try and dick you. Take the refund, NOW, and walk. This dealer sounds like trouble, who and where are they?

You said it yourself, your not going to be happy with it even if they do fix it, move on.

if they cant find me another, i may have too keen this one as aircon seems to be a super rare option...and i want it.

Air con is not a super rare option, the colour is yes, but air con is fairly common.

Get the refund, I have a bad feeling about this, so my most serious advice is to walk, and get the money sharpish. Don't accept the car as it is (this will cause them a nice bit of hassle), and don't accept them sourcing you another car, new or otherwise. Find another dealer, and deal with them. Whats this dealer called? Surely there are more, even if it requires you to travel, it will be worth it.

Forgive me if I am saying what others have said but I couldnt be arsed to read all the previous posts!

The VW dealership should have an onsite Accident Repair Centre or an off site one they recommend, having the repairs done there should not invalidate your VW anti corrosion. Its more to do with the paint used as to whether an Accident Repair Centre gets dealer approved. But going by the fact that your car was a demo car for the dealer then the ARC they are using is obviously quite happy to bodge and they are not worthy of Dealer Approved status, get a refund, save your money and look out for another GTi. Getting an AA or RAC check done might have picked up on some of these problems.

There are also lots of things that you can do yourself, check the gaps, check for differances in sealers from one side to the other, check for differances in the paint finish and try rubbing your hand over the panels, if you feel little peices of what feels like grains of sand then that is a good indication of a resprayed panel that has not been flatted and polished.

Try to check trims for poor fittings and look round the interior pull handles to see if something has been used to pull the outer part off to expose the screws for removal.

Hope this helps, if you need any more advice please PM me, that goes for all of you guys.

Sly

But going by the fact that your car was a demo car for the dealer then the ARC they are using is obviously quite happy to bodge and they are not worthy of Dealer Approved status, get a refund, save your money and look out for another GTi.

Agreed Sly, this set alarm bells to me too. Name the dealer Chris, I'm very curious.

citygate high wycombe, which is part of the hr owen group.

and chaps, i did look over the car throughly...they gaps had been filled with putty/wax and then polished over.....didnt come off till i washed it....

waiting for a sensible response by the end of tomorrow or theyre having it back on monday.

Mate no offence but your stupid to even think of having the car back its a heap from what youve said and id steer well clear no matter what they say a paintjob can last 40 years but you can also get a paint job that lasts a year if not done properly:doh:

Dont think of having another one from that dealers in the spec you want as theyll probably just buy it in in silver and spray it the colour you want from how they sound.

You will find another car just how you want but youll have to be patient if you rush youll regret

wayne

IN SUMMARY:

1) Get money back;

2) Tell branch manager you're going to make sure he's going to be receiving a rocket from VW (who you've kept fully appraised of the situation);

2a) Tell Branch manager he's a prize **** and you'll be suggesting he gets the sack for knowingly being fraudulent and passing off faulty stock as being perfect;

3) Contact Trading Standards;

4) Find a much, much better Loop elsewhere.