Anthracite GTI in Finchley

mickster

On 8/14/2022 at 9:49 PM, Haggis5664 said:

Finally tracked down an anthracite of my own this weekend :)

2004 not 2005 but does seem in better condition than the ones discussed here!

IMG_20220814_105955.jpg

I saw this parked up in Reigate near where I live on Saturday! Was shocked to see an Anthracite Grey GTI in the flesh, I thought I was dreaming!

1 hour ago, BryanGamble said:

North Finchley, Barnet. £ 8,300. £ 8,750. 2005; 63,590 Miles; 1 L; 125 BHP; Petrol; Manual. This beautiful little Lupo GTI is finished in Anthracite grey

Are you offering me one?

Don't think i want another anthracite gti 😄

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2022 at 9:49 PM, Darrell said:

YB05GYU - was mine since new until I wrote her off 😢. I’ve still got the log book all the history and the spare key. It was f##ked to be fair there’s more wrong with it than just the front end. Not sure how it’s being ridden around with no mot or tax the insurance told me she’d be scrapped or broke down for spares not sold to someone in Leicester to put a baby seat in.  Anyway was just posting because if anyone does feel like buying her to restore from whoever it is on Facebook that owns her now then I’ll happily answer any questions because I’m the one owner from new not them 😂.

Well I have just baugh YB05GYU and it is still not fixed been sat under a tree in Leicester for about 2 years! It still has the leather seats and the AC still works, I have removed the front end and started buying replacement parts for it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Anthony Gaulter said:

Well I have just baugh YB05GYU and it is still not fixed been sat under a tree in Leicester for about 2 years! It still has the leather seats and the AC still works, I have removed the front end and started buying replacement parts for it. 

Good luck with your rebuild. Keep us posted on your progress 👍

• 10 months later...

Evening chaps I know this is a very long time after the feed started but does anyone have any idea of:

1. How many 54 plate anthracite grey lupo gti s were produced 

2. How many anthracites there were full stop - I have one (54 plate) and believe most of them to be either scrapped or at least off the road.

and 3. How many left to the best of anyone’s knowledge 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 4:06 PM, BOSLUPO said:

Evening chaps I know this is a very long time after the feed started but does anyone have any idea of:

1. How many 54 plate anthracite grey lupo gti s were produced 

2. How many anthracites there were full stop - I have one (54 plate) and believe most of them to be either scrapped or at least off the road.

and 3. How many left to the best of anyone’s knowledge 

Yes

1. 54 is a bit of a tricky one is most cases as it borders onto 05 year cars. But as we know there was only 2 05 antharcites. From the info i have its around 16 2004 cars.

2. I have a number of 33 from 2009 and the list i have compares very close to that.

3. I do not have a exact answer on this but due to the rarity i think the majority of the anthracite one are still around.

hi chaps i still have the car, drove it round for about a month and the engine was trash so I'm building a cammed 1.6 gti engine for it, i have also had the paint work sorted out along with a new bonnet. will keep you up dated when i get the new engine in. (Photos before the paint work)

IMG20230904140025.jpg

IMG20230904140055.jpg

• Like 3