Sign in to follow this  
davy26

Lupo Steering Wheel

Title:     Lupo Steering Wheel (without centre pad/airbag)

Description:     In nice condition - please see photographs

Postage:     Included in price (within UK)

Price:     £22

DSCN3591_00003cr.jpg

DSCN3592_00004cr.jpg

I'll have it if it is a genuine Lupo one... :)

could possibly collect it too, tomorrow, to save some postage...?

Thanks for the interest Frank.  I bought this one when I was having my original Gti wheel refurbed at Royal. I got it from eBay so don't know the provenance, but it was advertised as being for all Lupo models. I believe it to be a genuine VW Group product - looking at the centre area there is an Audi stamping - see attached photo.

I budgetted £8 for postage, so would be £14 if collected.

smallDSCN3593_00005cr.jpg

I've just done a few pic comparisons... I think it's from a TT. @Rich will be able to confirm? I thought it might have been from an early gti or a sport. Never mind.

Would love a 3L wheel. But they go for silly money.

Thanks Frank - I'd guess that's logical, given the four rings stamping and that the rim is not just plain plastic.  I have seen another wheel on eBay with the 101266 stamping and this is listed as from an Audi A3 8P, 2004.  Need to dispose though as I've got a new Momo coming Monday,  a Royal-retrimmed on the car and my original Gti one taking up space!  Regards. David

Edited by davy26
added information

I'll happily have the original gti wheel.... :)

21 hours ago, Y2ACP said:

The Royal  retrimmed not to your liking?

No - it's nice quality and looks good, but I still find it bigger than I'd like, so fitting a 320mm Momo. Regards. David

18 hours ago, mk2 said:

Thanks for the thought.  I think I'll keep it for now, especially in case of any gip with MOTs and the old problem of how an individual tester interprets the requirements regarding air bag presence or not, irrespective of functionality of the warning light. Regards. David

You can put a 10 ohm resistor across the airbag connector. It'll make the controller think that an airbag is there... light should go out.

22 hours ago, mk2 said:

You can put a 10 ohm resistor across the airbag connector. It'll make the controller think that an airbag is there... light should go out.

That's what I was referring to.  The Momo boss kits come with the resistor automatically nowadays.  In my experience many MOT testers will pass the car if they see the light come on with ignition and then go off (courtesy of the resistor).  However, some like to say that current guidance requires that if the car had an airbag as OE spec and it's apparent it no longer has one, they have to fail it.

News to me, but sounds plausible. I guess like seatbelts. I'd still try it through a test, just to see if any comment is made. If it fails, it's simple enough to swap it back.

On 2/9/2020 at 5:57 PM, mk2 said:

Morning Frank.  As I've finished up with too many wheels (!), (Momo, original Gti, temporary hack and retrimmed Gti), just wondered if you'd be interested in the Gti wheel I had retrimmed/flat bottomed?  The quality of the retrim by Royal (£215) is great and it's had little use, but it didn't satisfy my yearning for a smaller wheel, hence the recent substitution of a Momo 320mm, (second pic).

Regards.

David

SmlDSCN2856_00007.jpg

01-03-20Corse.jpg

Yeah, you gotta just love that retrimmed Gti wheel. Looks gorgeous, but I'm guessing you'd like some decent cash for, which I sadly can't justify (I do have SDIs after all...).

PM'd.

Yes - and I realise I wrote the last post as a knee-jerk reaction to seeing how cluttered up a cupboard had become.  But on second thoughts, I'll put them up in the loft, as I don't think I could recover (npi) what I spent on the retrim by way of a sale at this point.  Anyway, steering wheel-wise, I'm still in the intoxicated, honeymoon phase with me Momo!😍

The joy of Momo is once you have one you can swap wheels at the drop of a hat, used ones usually go cheap, gumtree and Facebook are good hunting grounds.

first Momo was a 320 Tuner, it was good, 300 team is a lot better