Jump to content
CLAYTONJONES

Clayton's Tornado Red GTI..

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, LR5V said:

Thanks - will check the brakes and discs out - didn't realise euros did Brembo discs

Yeah if you go under the performance section they are there. Also, if you copy the product code and search it on Carparts4less, they are normally cheaper as wellšŸ‘šŸ¼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2018 at 3:27 PM, CLAYTONJONES said:

Well iā€™m back from a long weekend at the NĆ¼rburgring, if you have never been I highly advise you to go. The most incredible place iā€™ve ever been, a petrol heads dream! The Lupo performed faultlessly and not a single issue! Oh and the tyre writing didnā€™t last, a permanent solution is being worked on.

Iā€™ll leave a few pictures below??

grTMii3.jpg

qitDveB.jpg

MgREUGL.jpg

Ddc0Crv.jpg

NNgL1Gx.jpg

DH1yokd.jpg

93iPiGS.jpg

ESXWysO.jpgp

Ā 

Look of the car and these pics are just great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FinallyĀ gotĀ theĀ freshlyĀ powderĀ costedĀ rearĀ beamĀ back,Ā soĀ iĀ gotĀ itĀ allĀ builtĀ backĀ upĀ today.Ā WentĀ andĀ hadĀ theĀ alignmentĀ done,Ā cameĀ outĀ spotĀ on.Ā carĀ drivesĀ incredibleĀ now!Ā JustĀ waitingĀ forĀ theĀ RARBĀ bracketsĀ toĀ turnĀ upĀ thenĀ thatĀ canĀ goĀ backĀ on.Ā 

Ā 

1GZQzSB.jpg

JnBd07Q.jpg

6uspK6n.jpg

M5nrWWr.jpg

aFRByfI.jpg

SFfxkql.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking great -

what bushes did you go for? and those discs alsoĀ look tasty

Cant remember what rear ARB you run - if its a WhitelineĀ the drop links go on the outside of the beam like on mine:

image.png.ac45440b7a9e57b67c05f1a8cea972e5.png

I wish my shocks were more like yours being not so crusty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LR5V said:

Looking great -

what bushes did you go for? and those discs alsoĀ look tasty

Cant remember what rear ARB you run - if its a WhitelineĀ the drop links go on the outside of the beam like on mine:

image.png.ac45440b7a9e57b67c05f1a8cea972e5.png

I wish my shocks were more like yours being not so crusty!

I went for OEM. Purely because i donā€™t want the ride being any stiffer than it is.

Yeah it is a whiteline, glad you posted that as I couldnā€™t remember haha!Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really loving the attention to detail on this. looking good.

What did you get the front alignment set to? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cj1 said:

Really loving the attention to detail on this. looking good.

What did you get the front alignment set to? :)

Thanks! Sorry i thought i added the alignment sheet, iā€™ll put it in now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Front subframe needs to be moved a tiny amount if the caster is out. Right side needs to go forward. No idea how to easily work out by how much. I'd try about 2Ā mm to start. I s'pose you could measure everything then do the geometry maths.... :)

Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mk2 said:

Front subframe needs to be moved a tiny amount if the caster is out. Right side needs to go forward. No idea how to easily work out by how much. I'd try about 2Ā mm to start. I s'pose you could measure everything then do the geometry maths.... :)

Ā 

I didnā€™t know the castor could be adjusted on these, handy to know for next timešŸ‘šŸ¼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LR5V said:

Solid figures - is it Exhaust manifold + system and filter all you have had done engine wise?

Ā 

Yeah i was pleased! Thats it, fresh engine rebuild a couple of years ago so that must take part :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, not good enough. You're leaning out at high revs (assuming the probe is fast).Ā 

Also too rich at low revs. My guess is that you need bigger injectors. Or fuel pump. Or both.

You will be able to get at least another 20hp and a decent amount more torque too. Look at the torque plot- best torque when mix was ideal (14.7ish) 3-3500 RPM. Too rich and too lean it drops. May want add a load of timing too. Your plenum is designed for high RPMs so it is clear you need to change the torque plot- almost like there's a fault right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ā 

8 hours ago, mk2 said:

Nah, not good enough. You're leaning out at high revs (assuming the probe is fast).Ā 

Also too rich at low revs. My guess is that you need bigger injectors. Or fuel pump. Or both.

You will be able to get at least another 20hp and a decent amount more torque too. Look at the torque plot- best torque when mix was ideal (14.7ish) 3-3500 RPM. Too rich and too lean it drops. May want add a load of timing too. Your plenum is designed for high RPMs so it is clear you need to change the torque plot- almost like there's a fault right now.

Definitely no fault, iā€™m sure all of that will be dealt with when itā€™s getting mapped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.