Clayton's Tornado Red GTI..

CLAYTONJONES

• 2 weeks later...

Well the most recent update is my engine is currently out of the car, but its all for good reason!

My piston rings have been slowly dying over the last 6 months so i thought it was about time i sorted it out. A friend of mine Lee who owns Auto Shack is doing all the work for me.

Whilst the engine was out i thought i might as well put a new clutch in it as it is still on original clutch. Also doing Cambelt and Water pump. Nearly every seal and gasket has been replaced with genuine VW parts.

And as my OCD was kicking in, i thought why not paint the block and head to freshen things up! Here are a couple of pictures :)

DB5A7DF9-BDAA-4207-BE43-BA5E87AC14F1_zps

28827887-1F4A-44C8-BEC9-6AFEB0E8FB5C_zps17E10C93-91C3-4AFD-A919-C1A5D4122349_zps

Edited by CLAYTONJONES
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Rarely update this now due to the site not being used much, if you want to follow more about the car follow me on Instagram - claytonjoness

The latest update though is I have sold my interior, which you may think i'm stupid for doing so! But i have new seats going in tomorrow, i will reveal pictures tomorrow :)

Also, if anyone is interested what a GTI sounds like with a Janspeed catback exhaust and a BMC induction kit, this is what it sounds like :)

If I had of known you were selling the interior I would have snapped your hand off! Been on the lookout for one for a while now, it's about the last thing I'm missing for mine! Sounds great with the Janspeed. Considering changing my Scorpion exhaust for a full Kam Racing one with sports cat soon

1 hour ago, bennyx_o said:

Cool. Been thinking of getting rid of the rear seats in mine, but can't bring myself to do it! Did I see you mention somewhere (Instagram possibly) you're getting air?

Haha just do it! Mine never ever get used so it makes sense :) 

Yeah i do plan on air at some point shortly!

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Ropers101 said:

Stunning. I can only dream of getting mine looking this good. Quick question,do you wash your own engine bay? If so what's your method for doing it? Mine is a mess. 

Thanks mate appreciate it! I always start cleaning engine bays with AS G101 and a detailing brush, then rinse down with a hose lightly. I recently had the engine out so it was a chance to give it a proper clean!

Sorry to hijack, I'd just cover the alternator if anything, and snow foam isn't the answer. That's for bodywork-general road debris, tree fall out etc, it'd be nowhere near strong enough to act as an engine degreaser, if it was it'd be no good for your paintwork!

Obv if you've got an immaculate engine bay already (clayton) then you can use it just to dust off road pooh, but if it's heavy set crap and wax that comes from the factory you'll need some real tough stuff!