Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Try pirtek for the air con hose to see if they can help.

Who is doing the radiator for you then?

Just found out theres a pirtek about 5 mins down the road... im sure thay will sort me out! cheers!

pro alloy or rad tech are doing the radiator.

wow! thats flippin cool! is it running yet?

Not yet, after i have done the radiator and intercooler fit i have to take out the engine for the internals and decomp plate. Then put it all back together and send it to storm for ecu and mapping

This is coming along really well, well done John :)

It will be ready for ED38 2009 bring the g40 if its still alive (or is)... we can go for a blast

John

Wow, impressive stuff dude.

You just doing this so you've got enough power to push fish out of your exhaust next year? :lol:

Yes kam finally the fish will be freeeeee, fish will also make its appearance at ed38 09..... i still have it!

It will be ready for ED38 2009 bring the g40 if its still alive (or is)... we can go for a blast

John

It'll be back next year with an M45 on, yeah we'll have to have a blast down them dual carriageways :)

I'm really impressed with yours, so many people on here talk about doing it, nice to see someone actually do it :)

John, don't suppose you'd like to make another couple of top and bottom brackets do you..... ;):D

Or send me a dwg with the dims so i can myself. It's a cracking fit that is. Coming along nicely!!

I have a template for the top one... the bottom one (its not really a bottom one tbh it goes on the side and bolts to the alternator) i havent finalised yet. But if you give me about 4-6 weeks i will have a good template of both, not sure if it will work on all engines, as i have a 3mm decomp plate so have had to put that in to the bracket template.

I could possibly make something...... depends on what interest is like!!

John

I have a template for the top one... the bottom one (its not really a bottom one tbh it goes on the side and bolts to the alternator) i havent finalised yet. But if you give me about 4-6 weeks i will have a good template of both, not sure if it will work on all engines, as i have a 3mm decomp plate so have had to put that in to the bracket template.

I could possibly make something...... depends on what interest is like!!

John

4-6 weeks is no problem matey, i'm not starting for another while yet myself. trying to rally parts together. already got a bunch of stuff so far.

Cheers

Pete

Impressive work John

Your experience in aircraft engineering is shining through :shades:

I passed another B1 module last week, got maths next at end of November yippppeeee

Tom

Thanks buddy. Congrats on the B1 module... which one was it?

How many have you got left now?

Should be getting a reply tomorrow about my radiator.... waiting with excitement!

John

Apologies if you've mentioned it already, but are you keeping the TB in the same place? I remember you thinking about putting it before the charger..

Yeah i was thinking about it, as thats how it is in the mini. But then i realised that i didnt have enough room for the bypass valve so then decided it was a silly idea and have gone for the more simple approach.

John

Thanks buddy. Congrats on the B1 module... which one was it?

How many have you got left now?

Should be getting a reply tomorrow about my radiator.... waiting with excitement!

John

Props.....only done human factors and props so far so got a fair bit to go still....only started them in may/june this year though and had loads of other stuff on my plate

good luck with this and i'll keep checking this thread for progress

tom

Small update, no pics yet.

Radiator is now being made, possibly ready by the end of the week, pro alloy is a very good company to deal with, very helpful. I have my design drawing if anyone wants to get another made in the future.

some piping has arrived, waiting on the rad to get it all back together.

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Small update, no pics yet.

Radiator is now being made, possibly ready by the end of the week, pro alloy is a very good company to deal with, very helpful. I have my design drawing if anyone wants to get another made in the future.

Intercooler and some piping has arrived, waiting on the rad to get it all back together.

John

Nice, I've seen some of the stuff they have done for race bikes and its beauftiful work. :)