heckling on sale threads

big_chris1981

it doesnt happen any where else because generally there are forum rules agaisnt it.

you dont go into tescos and start shouting that loo rolls are cheaper in asds, so don't bloody do it here.

to keep the peace, would a mod like to insert a rule for the for sale thread?

if your not buying stay offr/mind your own business.

makes me glad im getting out tbh.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have always been of the opinion, that if you don't have anything useful to say, then keep it to yourself!

I don't read all the threads on there, but I've never read anything particularly OTT. If you see something, then report it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

think id just hunt culprits down with a beating stick tbh.

and it shouldnt need reporting, people just shouldnt do it.

grow the hell up losers!!!!

its happening all over the place now, people charge in with their 2p's worth when its got absoloutely ****** all to do with them.

I agree that people should not reply in a sale thread if there only moaning about the price.. but I think people should be able to reply in sales threads if they are trying to be helpful, giving more information.. even if they have no interest in buying.

I'd agree, people who pipe up and say "thats x and y over book value of z", are somewhat annoying but if you ban all comments in for sale threads then people can't pipe up and say "yeah, this is good, go for this" or words to that effect.

So I'd say, stay stick with how it is, and if people deem a post to be unhelpful then report it. Pretty simple.

And if your going to nitpick, shouldn't this be in site suggestions? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I can see where Chris is coming from, he has a valid point but he needs to be more specific - perhaps he doesn't want to be. One post in his recent 'wheels for sale' thread was a little uncalled for...

This may be referring to me John. I simply said that another member on the site had the same wheels (in better condition imo) for cheaper.

However Chris and Babs seem to have gone off calling every cnuts and saying people need a bashing.

My opinion is if I see something in the for sale section that I believe is over priced or I have seen one elsewhere for cheaper then whats wrong with letting people know that there are better/cheaper options elsewhere the seller can soon either change there price or stick to what they believe is fair simple really....

This may be referring to me John. I simply said that another member on the site had the same wheels (in better condition imo) for cheaper.

However Chris and Babs seem to have gone off calling every cnuts and saying people need a bashing.

Nobody needs a bashing, and it's all being dealt with in entirely the wrong way.

The post was out of line though imo - there may have been many reasons for them being cheaper, but they're all beside the point.

If someone was advertising GTI wipers at £30 a pair, and someone pointed out that you can get them from halfords for £19, I'd say that was fair as they're still manufacturered and the seller is obviously out to rip people off. Chris selling wheels that are in limited supply for a price he thinks is reasonable, he's not out to rip anyone off. At the end of the day people pay the price that they think things are worth, and that determines their value. If you thought Chris had over valued his wheels, perhaps a PM would have been a little more appropriate.

I'm not having a go, really, that's just the way it is!

My opinion is if I see something in the for sale section that I believe is over priced or I have seen one elsewhere for cheaper then whats wrong with letting people know that there are better/cheaper options elsewhere the seller can soon either change there price or stick to what they believe is fair simple really....

i kinda agree.

if i was gonna buy something and somebody knew there was the same item elsewhere for cheaper, i would hope they would tell me.

im angry because more and more people are behaving like ass.

And yes this is about the wheels, people are more than capable of reading other for sale threads without a need for anyone to slag off one for sale thread and point to another.

grapo i think your behaviour is bang out of order, and ty, wuite frankly so is posting up comments with your opinion in.

its real simple, if your no interested in buying then stay off the threads.

Fair enough mate, but why be so angry. Shouting and slagging people off isnt going to get you anywhere either and its just going to make people think unkindly of you.

I think its more about etiquete. I mean you wouldnt want to be selling your car and have your neighbour stick his/her head over the fence saying they know of the same spec car with lower miles thats cheaper down the road?

You wouldnt want it to happen to you, why should it be exeptable to do it to someone else?

Hmm... we clearly have some kind of expectation gap/crevasse here.

I'm of the opinion that some comments are fine, it's a bit of a grey area.

Some are not however, and I think we're going to find it a bit difficult to police if we have to judge each comment case by case.

Admin have decided that replies to for sale posts will be disabled from now on, if you have something to say use the PM button.

I'm of the opinion that some comments are fine, it's a bit of a grey area.

Agreed, but all to often does a FS thread become a chat/dont do that thread. Reaisticly you should only post if its about the item FS ie how much, where you based, pictures- that sort of thing.

if something is priced too high it just wont sell? Unless someone desperatly wants it, then seller has to lower the price for interest. Maybe for sale threads shouldnt be allowed replys (unless by the seller) and all mannor dealing can take part through PM/email ?

just a thought, not sure if its decent or not.