heckling on sale threads

big_chris1981

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

grapo i think your behaviour is bang out of order, and ty, wuite frankly so is posting up comments with your opinion in.

chill out. only an internet forum selling a few wheels here and there not a life or death situation mate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> we are all allowed to voice our opinion as you have in this thread.

I'm not out to 'bash' anyone, just expressing my opinion on the majority of the the human race. I'm generally intollerant smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Admin have decided that replies to for sale posts will be disabled from now on, if you have something to say use the PM button.

What a load of old bollox!!!!!!

Has it really come to this? Putting limits on peoples free speech?

Fair enough if people say "oh i can get them cheaper elsewher" well fukc off and buy them!

When i sell stuff, i dont give a **** what others say! Amd if the seller is misinformed they should be made aware rather than looking like a greedy tw4t!

Well im off to E38 to post some really high priced stuff for sale and get slated on the price!

It's necessary unfortunately, but it works out quite well.

No more bumps! woohoo!

And the seller can adjust their own post if they need to.

As for free speech, you still have it. You just don't have the right to mess with other people's adverts - think of it as a copy of loot. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by bossjohnc

Naa fukc it im not bothering selling on here any more! i love heckling and also being heckled!

Can we also have admin put a "only reply via PM" on the readers ride section as im sure people get close to topping there self when people dont like there mods or have something negative to say! wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

I read a post the other day saying that this forum was going down hill! I thought NAAA but i can see there point!

More admin than members soon?

Firstly most people if there going to buy something from this forum or anywhere else 9/10 should/will have an idea of what they want to spend and what price is right, so ultimately its down to the buyer to pay what he/she wants to pay. I understand why you have stopped people replying but seems abit harsh I tend to agree with dub-love its abit crazy if I was buying a stereo for example and someone told me it was overpriced I would ask the seller why he/she has has overpriced it and there may well be a vaild reason and I would be willing to pay more if this is the case but hey whats done is done.

Can we also have admin put a "only reply via PM" on the readers ride section as im sure people get close to topping there self when people dont like there mods or have something negative to say! wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Agree with the above also

I can remember a thread a few years ago which was basically a discussion about peoples fears on the way the forum would head once lupo prices dropped and the forum became more popular, well I guess here we are! It was inevitable I guess!!!

blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

what the feck i just got this in the for sale thread

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic

Admin have decided that replies to for sale posts will be disabled from now on, if you have something to say use the PM button.

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You can't please all the people all the time, that guy knew what he was talking about.

Unfortunately this very problem has been around for a long time, and this is the only way to stop arguments happening in the future. If you can think of a better idea, PM me!

If you think something's overpriced then you're welcome to PM the seller. If the seller then wants to add to their advert then they can.

Your freedom of speech still exists, quite apparently.

Edit:

And, Dub Love, as much as I like the idea of being able to choose when you post, I don't think the board software would be able to cope.

Edited by bossjohnc

I agree with bossjohnc, think its the best thing to do, many other car forums operate the same policy! Only downside will be it will be less ammusing for some of us as we won't be able to see certain people who seriously need to grow a set of testicles throw their toys out the pram! Also on a side note there are few other car forums where you have as much freedom of speech, as some of the threads/carry on in this section in particular would not be tolerated elsewhere. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Heckling and pointing out a similar item for less money are two completely different things. I dont see a problem with people making comments in For Sale threads. People can see when others comments are silly, so it doesnt really do any harm to their sale; however when a comment about price (be it overpriced or underpriced) is brought up i think this is acceptable, as some people may not be well informed on the current market for such goods.

It just gets me when people throw their toys out of their prams and start getting all silly like deleting comments, and bringing up threads basically slating the forum and calling all new members cnuts. This is more unacceptable than simply comparing two similar items for sale.

Wouldn't life be boring if everyone had the same opinion.

So why block opinions in the for sale thread blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I didn't call all new members cnuts... like I said, I'm generally intollerant of people smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So why block opinions in the for sale thread blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

...because the for sale forum is for selling stuff, not inviting opinions smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And if the biggest problem facing me was pedantic replies from mods about the apparent pitiful level of brain capacity of some members; i too would be a pretty happy bloke.

Edition 38 tried it, so pms had to be used as no replies were allowed.

Was really bad, the seller got the same 10 thousand questions, and the threads disappeared.

IMO if people want the free adverts, they have to expect it is a forum, and people have an opinion.

Edition 38 tried it, so pms had to be used as no replies were allowed.

Was really bad, the seller got the same 10 thousand questions, and the threads disappeared.

IMO if people want the free adverts, they have to expect it is a forum, and people have an opinion.

Well ok, in an ideal world the seller would either have all of the information there to start with, or change the post to answer people's questions.

Like Jon says, let's just see how things go.

Feelers do my head in.

You either sell or you don't.

I'm thinking of selling... blah blah..

Again, IMO if you don't want someone publicly questioning your free advert, pay for ebay!