had my wheels refurbed

breamy

wheels where powder coated and centres sprayed to match. got them done at lap tab in birmingham. they did them in a day. they had an offer on 25% off cost £200 inc strip and refit tyres

Now that is interesting...

We rang laptab as they are local to us who refused to even try and do them because of the centre caps.

Ended up taking them to by the Birmingham City ground to Sweeney Sherlock who did them

Look good though mate :)

for everyone asking about colour. origionally had them booked in for what laptab called anthricite/charcoal but when i got there it was darker than i wanted. this is what they call "metallic black"

strange about them not wanting to do them because of the caps. i had 2 sets done while i was there both with center caps and no problems. his only problem was getting the jack under :P

• 3 weeks later...
after alot of thinking got my standard gti wheels refurbed. opinions please

dsc00613gs6.jpg

dsc00614ax7.jpg

dsc00615ui1.jpg

Hey fella nice job, what kind of finnish does the powder coating give?

I've heard it can be quite rough/nobbly is the finish smooth and shiny all over the wheel??

Edited by Trebor

The powdercoat is a smooth finish. looks just like the standard finish. think it depends where you get it done. also if you look in the top pic its shiney :)

Thanks just been getting som conflicting views on powder coating from local wheel refurb company's.

Seeing your pics is making me want powder coating as the finish looks really good what i'm after really.