Lupo's first outing

dxg

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, or more specifically the GTI I collected from Manchester this weekend.

"Little Car" as it seems to have been christened (<geek> think "little girl" from the flashback intro to Serenity" </geek>) and I went on a journey this morning to find out more about each other. I think, once we've got a few bumps (rattles, cambelt, rear brake light, servicing, mot, paintwork - nothing much(!)) in our relationship ironed out, it should work out fine.

So, off we set, and Little Car was wondering what all these really big hills were...

IMG_0061.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

but was mainly happy to enjoy the wide empty roads.

Until she came across some smaller stuff, which was all typical tourist/pictureqsue but didn't seem worth the journey...

IMG_0096.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

in fact, given the size of some the machinery in this part of the world, she was feeling a little bit too small...

IMG_0109.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

but after a little bit further, it all became clear...

IMG_0105.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

there was only so much twisting and undulation that she could bare, however, so was pleased to finally get to climb into the hills and meet the (in)famous Glen Fruin Road...

IMG_0114.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

after stopping off just to reflect on her good fortune for being brought to this part of the world...

IMG_0124.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

she began to ponder just why such a large, fast road would be created and maintained to perfect condition up here in the middle of nowhere...

IMG_0130.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

at which point her new owner decided to explain about the all the defense sites in this region...

IMG_0128.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

On the way down the other side of the hill, both Little Car and her new owner had a quick look for Nessie...

IMG_0170.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

but were dissappointed.

Ah well.

Deek.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Nice car mate, wish there were roads like that round here sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Nice car, like the story biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Cool, another Glasgow GTI wave.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wave:" border="0" alt="wave.gif" />

Hey, I recognise those roads - round about Arrochar and Faslane isn't it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Phantom Photon

Nice photographs.

I would say "welcome" but as you're one of CL oldest active members it seems a little inappropriate....

Welcome to GTI ownership smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hi there ! I remember reading you're test drive review of the lupo GTi what seems like years ago over on the uk-polos.net ! Welcome biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hi there ! I remember reading you're test drive review of the lupo GTi what seems like years ago over on the uk-polos.net ! Welcome biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yup - that was me - that just how long I've been thinking about getting one of these cars. Just been waiting until they came down in price to something I felt like spending. The March 2003 join date is from when I was thinking of buying an ex-demo one from my old dealer down south.

Thanks for making me welcome guys.

I think it's Faslang - but I'm not really up on my local knowledge yet - I've only been here since late last summer.

Deek.

Its Faslane yep.The big grey ship (RFA Fort Austin I do believe) is at a place called Glen Mallen on the road to Arrochar from helensburgh. Fun roads round there I had my MK1 Golf up there a few years ago.

welcome to the club ( but as al said you have been here for 3 years laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ) nice car biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Great little road trip picture book there! Excellent.

I've heard many people on EVO say that road upto Faslane is a cracker. Really need to get upto Scotland one day, its about the only region in the UK that I haven't taken the car!

Great little road trip picture book there! Excellent.

I've heard many people on EVO say that road upto Faslane is a cracker. Really need to get upto Scotland one day, its about the only region in the UK that I haven't taken the car!

Not too sure but am guessing they mean the road from loch lomond over to faslane. Other road to Faslane (from helensburgh) is wide and straight so they can drive big missiles down them for the subs. Loved that in my MK1 Golf. Was also interesting in my mates EVOVII

Not too sure but am guessing they mean the road from loch lomond over to faslane. Other road to Faslane (from helensburgh) is wide and straight so they can drive big missiles down them for the subs. Loved that in my MK1 Golf. Was also interesting in my mates EVOVII

This is the road that most of the photos are from:

google

Oddly, there was an Evo of some kind (one of the recent ones) up there playing yesterday. We waved the second time we passed each other - having both turned round at opposite ends to give it another go!

Deek.

Edited by dxg

Aye tis a good road.

Cool, at least I know who to quiz when I finally get around to planning at visit up there. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />