GTI Brake Discs

chrisgti95

Hi all,

I bought an Anthracite GTI a few weeks ago and am looking to replace the disks all round. Are the original VW disks still available? And are alternative items worth buying in terms of quality/durability etc?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Use pagid pads and discs from ECP, find someone who gets discount and they can't be beaten on price really.

I used some ebay Brembo items on the TDI a few months back and today I've noticed that familiar shuddering of warped discs.

Although, I always advise anyone fitting brakes to a GTI to check to see if it has had the 280 upgrade. (saves times & wrong parts)

I get such a high level of ECP discount I just ring them up then go get it.

Tom (only Tom) if you want the details so you too can just start doing this then send me a pm and you can join the company.

I got a set of Mintex OE replacements all round a couple of years back, very happy with them. Better stopping than the originals.

eBay 330350270809 £140 delivered.

I replaced mine with Pagid disks and pad from ECP when they were doing 30% off brake parts a few weeks ago.

I used to use Pagid discs from ECP

Don't get them from VW, unless you like being ripped off

Thanks for the main dealer thumbs up! We're not all con-artists you know...

Thanks for the main dealer thumbs up! We're not all con-artists you know...

I always recommend VW parts for certain things, where they are likely to be of higher quality (sensors etc) or there are issues with getting the correct (usually Lupo GTI specific) part, but general consumables are considerably more expensive for identical parts I'm my experience, often by a very large margin