Beep for lights

My Lupo GTi doesn't beep when the lights are left on and I was actually wondering the same as you Clayton - should it ?

My Lupo S does, but it's intermittent. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It's definitely a microswitch issue, and yes, my internal light still comes on so they aren't the same microswitch.

Its due to a worn switch on the door lock. This happened on mine a few years back, the interior light stopped coming on, the alarm would sometimes go off and the lights-on buzzer wouldn't work. I managed to find a warranty door lock at work and swapped the tops of the micro-switch over, and finger's crossed, its been fine ever since.

I thought the interior lights were linked to the central locking and ignition, not the door switch?

On Pov Spec, the interior light is linked to the catch on the door mech.

On CL Spec, yes, the interior light has it's own independent microswitch within the CL lock mech, but as I said earlier, it is on a different switch to the buzzer unit which is why your interior light will come on, but the buzzer won't buzz, in cases like my intermittent buzz ;)

Just checked my GTI and the interior light comes on but no buzzing for the headlights.

I got the torch out and had a look along the door and frame but couldn't find a micro switch for the buzzer. Anyone know where to look ?

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know where the switch for the interior light is on a 2001 arosa? Passenger side works but not drivers and the headlight warning buzzer no longer works either.

W

Just checked my GTI and the interior light comes on but no buzzing for the headlights.

I got the torch out and had a look along the door and frame but couldn't find a micro switch for the buzzer. Anyone know where to look ?

I understand the micro switch for the interior light is in the lock mechanism which seems to work fine but does anyone know where the micro switch for the buzzer is located ?

Its the same switch

So if the same micro-switch in the lock operates the interior light AND the light buzzer BUT only the interior light comes on, can I then assume that the problem is with the actual Buzzer part/module ?