Hi just got a GTI

frese

Hi, my name is Charlie, Just bought a 2001 Lupo GTI after my Polo was written off last week (hit from behind as traffic slowed on motorway). The Polo is no more but Iam ok (just a bit bruised).

The GTI is a lovely little car, I have found a few issues with it and may be needing some advice and help from the forum shortly. I hope u can help.

I will take some pics when it stops raining. But it is just a standard GTI in moon silver, nothing too exciting.

pics

IMAG0099_2_zps558f6d71.jpg

Edited by frese

Thanks

We also have some air-cooled vw's : a 62 ragtop beetle now in resto and an old 1953 panelvan (both slammed).

DSCF0167-1.jpg

bug 2 years ago before it went into have a little work done that turned into resto ; )

and pic of our van

IMAG0011_zps40204fae.jpg

At first I wanted a black gti as my polo and golf gti were black, the silver is growing on me.

pic of the Lupo tomorrow.

• Like 1

:wave:

GTI going in for new pads on front tomorrow as when driving there is a really irritating squeek on each rotation of the passenger wheel. No bearing play. Pads and discs are good but thought I would try this first as cheap option. Fingers crossed it goes away.

No idea what else it could be??

Hi, my name is Charlie, Just bought a 2001 Lupo GTI after my Polo was written off last week (hit from behind as traffic slowed on motorway). The Polo is no more but Iam ok (just a bit bruised).

The GTI is a lovely little car, I have found a few issues with it and may be needing some advice and help from the forum shortly. I hope u can help.

I will take some pics when it stops raining. But it is just a standard GTI in moon silver, nothing too exciting.

Nice, enjoy it!

Edited by Pottster

Had the calipers cleaned up and new pads done today. Annoying squeek/chirp seems to have gone for now. I hope so.

The guy at brake place took car for a test drive afterwards and came back saying god that thing pulls, what engines in that ? gotta get one of them.

So I guess he had a good 5 min blast down the road in it. :evil:

Nice Lupo, good colour choice. Love the splitty, we have a late bay. I had a horrible squeal from front passenger wheel on my gti, it turns out it was the dust guard rubbing on the back of the disc

See what u mean, that looks great!

Is that a simple thing to do?

Relatively. You bolt the exhaust up through the boot, there is a flat plate which you can drill a hole through on the exhaust. You will see what I mean under inspection. Use a self tapping bolt :). IF you don't wanna do this you you can heat the pipes up and bend them.

Bending the pipes is the best way but I put a bolt up through the boot :).

See what u mean, that looks great!

Is that a simple thing to do?

Not done it myself but as far as I know it's straight forward. It involves a washer and a bolt. I'm sure dave will be back along to give a better answer though :)
  • Like 1

:wave: ELS I was starting think I had bought another boys car :yes:

Your GTi looks super clean.

Haha no way. Thanks :) took me ages to wax.

How are you finding yours?