The pointless thread

Piers

Well said Pete91. The only real scandal was that the horses used may have had strong drugs, making them unfit for human consumption.

Perception.

This +1

The reason we historically didn't eat horse was to do with the fact it was a workers animal. We used horses as a mode of transportation and as a tool, as much as considering it an animal. They were a huge part of our development as a culture and we therefore refrained from using them as meat. While cows were workers too, their primary function in this world, was to breed and ultimately, become food. Cows are a very efficient source of food, far more than horse, but that's a discussion for another day.

Edited by Skezza

Well said Pete91. The only real scandal was that the horses used may have had strong drugs, making them unfit for human consumption.

Are you saying that Ket is unsuitable for humans ?

As for BBQ's, I never take meat products along, I always whip up a batch of Rich's famous (not really) tomato jam.

to be fair... Ray made a good point earlier... if a pack of 10 burgers are 99p... your going to get something shit. if you go to your local butcher its usually going to be good.

i refuse to buy meat from the farmer who has the field at the end of my garden, on the principle that he doesnt look after the animals. There was a dead horse in the field for almost a week once before he did anything about it. Tosser.

but on the other end... theres a really well known local butcher who's meat is immense... Rich would like it

Are you saying that Ket is unsuitable for humans ?

As for BBQ's, I never take meat products along, I always whip up a batch of Rich's famous (not really) tomato jam.

It was bute, and it is a drug that is regularly prescribed to humans. What's more, the amount found in horse meat was so small that the whole discussion is completely redundant. A human would have to eat something like 600 bute laced pure-horsemeat-only burgers every day for quite a long time to experience any effects of it.

And Piers, there's only 3 dots in an ellipses.

Ellipsis. Ellipses is plural. :P

B) you are one seriously cool dude... you can even ban yourself! but if you ban yourself... how can you get back on to un-ban yourself?! :eek:

B) you are one seriously cool dude... you can even ban yourself! but if you ban yourself... how can you get back on to un-ban yourself?! :eek:

hax0ring the raw value in the mySQL database :twisted:

that will teach him!

just eating a peanut butter chunky kit kat.... now thats nice!

Well done fat boy. Here's your prize for spotting the mistake...

kids_giving_finger_201.jpg

Auto time. Technology eh! Un-suspended myself without even doing it.