Lupo TDI takes ages to warm up

Engines are heated by waste energy so the more efficient the engine, the longer it will take.

If it never gets to 90, replace the thermostat and temp sensor

Will either of those show up fault codes if they're ****ed? Friend just got an a4 and the temp needle gets to about 1/3 if your lucky and takes yages!

Start mine in the morning, get the glow plug light flashing after a while, only do 5mile trip.

I don't however get it on the afternoon drive home?

Thought it might be a temp problem, suppose ill have to vagcom it :-(

Halfway is perfect iirc, my 1L warms up and sits dead on the line :)

This.

my green machine would heat up to bang on half way. Once running it will never move up and never move down.

This.

my green machine would heat up to bang on half way. Once running it will never move up and never move down.

That's because its controlled by the ecu - as long as the temp is within a certain range (83-97) or whatever the dial will stay on 90. It does t actually show the coolant temp, rather a representation of it

Start mine in the morning, get the glow plug light flashing after a while, only do 5mile trip.

I don't however get it on the afternoon drive home?

Thought it might be a temp problem, suppose ill have to vagcom it :-(

it will come on in the morning cus the engine will be starting from cold,it wont do it on an afternoon as a rule because the ambient temperature is normally warmer and there will still be remaining heat from when you drove it earlier.

had mine 4 years now and its always taken ages to warm up,wouldnt worry bout it tbh

Ha nah mate I'm not on about just normal start up glow plug light, I will drive and the glowplug light flashes a couple of minutes into the drive indicating engine management fault.

Getting somewhere with it tho'

it has nowt to do with bieng cold in the morning, its the fact I use my lights in the morning and not in the evening.

Electrical fault.....let the games begin

Just a update, found the light comin on engine managment was due to a faulty filemant in one of the bulbs! It was bridging on to the adjacent filament and causing it to be constantly on! Ecu sees that its on but no pressure from brakes

Throws up a warning light!

Sorted