Coilover Ride Quality

VolkswagenDan

Ok, as we get nearer to pay day I need to think of what coilovers I wish to invest in. Wheels are now sorted (pics to follow!), and I want to get low, but comfortably this time

So what coilovers are you running and what's the ride quality like? My old polo used to bang and crash over everything and was terrible. It seems a lot of people buy JOM's... How're they?

Also, anyone had any experience with other coilovers such as ones that PhilJ sells?

AP's seem to be of reasonably quality but the lower the price tag the better. Yes I know you get what you pay for, but I just want your opinion on the coilovers you're running so I get a rough idea!

Cheers,

Dan

I should probably state that I'm talking about coilovers in the budget end of the scale... I.e. <£400.

I don't see the point in spending a ludicrous amount of moola on coilovers if all you want is to go low. I have ta's on mine, I find the ride satisfactory and they don't bump or crash etc. My mate Alex has a gti, paid like 400 for fk streets or whatever. Fair enough they come stainless, but the ride is quite strange, feels like standard suspension with added lows. If its just to go low, get the cheaper ones I'd say

I don't see the point in spending a ludicrous amount of moola on coilovers if all you want is to go low.

Because the suspension is what keeps your tyres on the road.

The two thing you shouldn't skimp on when it comes to cars are suspension and tyres.

Buy the best you can afford.

Ap's are good, go low and yet retain comfort and handling.

I ran fk's and the ride is soo much better than budget coilies I.e. ta's which I had before. Get bit more lows on the rear with them too and the ride is smooth.. But tbh if your going all the way fown you are still going to feel the bumps even if it is less harsh

My JOM's aren't to bad and there around the £200 mark felt horrible for the first 500 miles now they aren't as stiff, went with my mother to test drive a fiat 500 and my suspension feels just as smooth as that. Made a vast difference to the handling too, it no long handles like a boat :)

My JOM's aren't to bad and there around the £200 mark felt horrible for the first 500 miles now they aren't as stiff, went with my mother to test drive a fiat 500 and my suspension feels just as smooth as that. Made a vast difference to the handling too, it no long handles like a boat :)

Good advertising there for fiat ;). Looking forward to my first 500 miles with them :thumbdown: