This section of the forum

scotty_82

Modwise, I have no reason to complain.

There is minimal spam, when it happens it doesn't stay for long.

Ray is good banter and he doesn't abuse his power. (Ray for admin)

The others (excluding Nikki who is hot stuff) have minimal craic so it's all good.

The spam by actual members is craic, that's what makes a forum what it is.

some of the CL staff haven't been on in some time. you can see it when you go onto the section that shows you who's staff and what not.

Maybe if the mods are complaining about always having to delete posts, ban members etc they should assign NEW mods that would be able to share the workload and thus cut down the amount of hassle.

makes sense, rather than having say 6 moderating staff, and say only have 2-3 come on here on a regular basis with the rest being inactive for a few months to almost a year!

• Like 2

The others (excluding Nikki who is hot stuff) have minimal craic so it's all good.

Love you too Rich. Although I'd love you more if you learned to spell my name correctly ;):P

here's an idea, most people when they find they're struggling to keep on top if things ask for help

... and in the same tone of voice as your last comment, did I say we were struggling? We've just had an unusually high amount of spam to deal with recently, which MattyB has addressed only this morning by updating the forum settings.

We're also more than aware of the people who've offered their assistance, but feel at the moment that it's a case of "too many cooks" so for now, we're happy with the size of the moderating team. Jamie's been on holiday for the last couple of weeks, so he's not been around much, John's busy playing with his new car & Andi's been busy falling off mountains.

If we reach the point where we feel that we're struggling, then we'll address the situation then. Simples.

I raised the activity point yonks ago, everyone just wants to be a mod when it just doesn't matter, status quo is good.

As long as Ray is happy then all is good, Nikki, I like doing it to see if you notice, that way I can suggest some NSA filth sometime.

Whatever matey, I'm pretty bored of having this discussion, if you don't see spending most of your time banning/deleting spam leaving little to no space to actually use the forum for the enjoyment it's there for as struggling then so be it, but going with your cooks illustration, I'm sure Rich would agree, if only one or two cooks turn up to run a pretty huge kitchen when more than double that are on staff then it'd be a pretty shocking service.

It depends on how efficient the cooks are, if it's busy and it's hectic sometimes it's easier to just cut the slack, ie: send the shit people off or go make them wash up.

The forum would be generic and dull without the few that always get threatened with the banning/suspension stick

Yup, I prefer the term catering monkey.

At work I call everyone monkeys based on their role, the garnish squad are salad monkeys. They're getting really offended with it, stupid salad monkeys.

"look at me, I put salad on a plate".

Exactly, I keep complaining when they stick too much on.

Yesterday I made one spend ten minutes in the KP room to see how much actually comes back, I then made them work out precisely how much it costs to produce each garnish and how their overportioning when they could be jewing out affects the GP.

I'm trying to drill into them the popular phrase of "Jesus and the fish".

Justification on cutting portion size.

On UK passat forum they have mods assigned to different sections, maybe to spread the load abit from Ray ,so one person doesn't police the whole forom nominated/voted forum members could be given there own sections ?

Just a thought.