Door cards retrim.

Has anyone ever re trimmed there doorcards themselves, i had ago at it today but it got too many air bubbles and such in it when it came to the finished product. Just want to know how people did theres a such.

Im guessing most people will say go look on search and i have but most people get professions retrimmers to do theres and i cba to waste the money.

What did you use? I tackled it with leather vinyl. I still have lots of leather vinyl left, didn't go well. It is expensive to have it done professionally. I have now taken all the material off, rubbed them down and I will flock them in black in the coming weeks. If you're interested in the outcome, keep an eye on my build thread :)

Edited by Arosa.Al

You really have to take your time and stretch the material.

Use something like an old credit card to smooth the material into the corners.

I started at the top and worked my way down, only applying glue to a small bit at a time, this gave time to get each bit done properly.

Took me a couple of goes first time to get a decent finish but, ended up with this, after taking my time:

543215_10151707067055035_1787643688_n.jpg

Edited by Deadmetal
  • Like 1

^^best advice you can probably get.

Make sure you use heat resistant glue (type trimfix heat resistant spray adhesive into ebay) otherwise they'll end up sagging with the heat. Also, if you're not that confident don't go for vynel first cos it's a bit of a ball ache to use. Go for material that is quite stretchy and easy to work with.

Vinyl is the best stuff to learn with. It's so versatile and stretchy as hell with correct heating.

Best tool you can use is your hands. Don't use anything else as it could damage the material.

Here is a set I did. Did them 18 months ago and they're still perfect to the day.

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

photo4.jpg

Can do a set for you if you want.

• Like 1

Vinyl is the best stuff to learn with. It's so versatile and stretchy as hell with correct heating.

Best tool you can use is your hands. Don't use anything else as it could damage the material.

Here is a set I did. Did them 18 months ago and they're still perfect to the day.

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

photo4.jpg

would it be possible to do the lower door cards that hold the speaker or would the pouches be really difficult?

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

photo4.jpg

they look the dogs nuts

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

photo4.jpg

If you were to do this for someone How much for front and rear cards? Would you need mine or can you get hold of some?

I'm newish to changing interiors I have bog standard but immaculate interior but Frany a change,

Thanks