How much would you pay?

lambo-27

They are asking for £1900 which I actually thought was steep as I've seen so many at below £1300 I am going to ring tomorrow to ask for more details.

Am I right in saying that not all Lupo's have power steering? Or was that only before a certain year?

I phoned him today, something interesting came up when I asked him about a service history, he said at 35,000 miles it hasn't reached its service mileage (never having owned a lupo I will have to take his word on this, maybe you guys could shed some light on the service mileage?)

but I would have thought it would have been serviced every year, this is making me cautious, if I buy it then get it serviced and VW then **** me right up the backside for something that is wrong, I don't know what but its one of those "I know it'll happen to me if I do it" situations lol

Also it does have powersteering, doesn't have central locking (don't know if any of them did)

When I asked him where he was located, he said the car was in one place, but they were based in another place (trade seller not a private sale) there's an awful lot of things dodgy about this deal but at those low miles it's hard to refuse

He maybe means the cambelt service, but that should be done at 4 years regardless of mileage. Just the same as you correctly pointed out that an annual service should be carried out if the mileage hasn't been reached.

If he's local, it's got to be worth a visit.

If you're not sure of the mileage, check for wear on the pedal rubbers, gear knob, door handles, steering wheel...

Low end models never had central locking or electric windows.

I will try to arrange a date to go and see it, have a proper look at it, I'll remember to look out for those spots, Silver

I'd say he would go down on price just to get rid of it (bright yellow not everyone's cup of tea) and then I could get him down more on the service bit so I'll see how it goes