Philplop's TT

Philplop

Bought this in January (the 13th, to be precise)

Boggo spec 2.0 TFSI 200bhp FWD. Only option appears to be heated seats.

Has the grey alcantara interior, which I prefer over the leather option.

Had it remapped to about 245bhp. Transformed the car. Nice bit of poke behind it now.

Anyway, a picture update of a car that looks the same in every photo. :lol:

Stop off in Knaresborough on the way home from buying it.

IMG_0741.jpg

With the badges.

IMG_0746.jpg

With just the rings.

IMG_0749.jpg

All gone.

IMG_0766.jpg

Fitted some Xenon's that looked great and worked for a while, then threw up errors on the DIS and went off. Back to standards. :( Then bought some Ring Xenon-look bulbs but can't tell any difference.

IMG_0847.jpg

Drove to Holy Island. The tide was in. No causeway. Glad I was on this side. :lol:

IMG_0860.jpg

Yellow Lamin-X'd the foglights on the TT, my Dad's A6 and mate's Fabia.

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

With the Caddy.

IMG_0914.jpg

Painted the tailpipes black.

IMG_0918.jpg

Went to the beach.

IMG_0953.jpg

Bought a spare grille and did it satin black. Fitted a pair of new number plates with sticky pads instead of horrible screws.

IMG_0959.jpg

Bought an RNSe.

IMG_0984.jpg

Fitted it and Cruise Control, with a tiny weenie bit of help from Jon 273...

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

Eventually got round to painting the side grilles satin black to match the main grill, and fitted some 30mm H&R springs.

IMG_1398.jpg

And that's about it. It's obviously in desperate need of some wheels, but I've got other things to spend my money on at the moment. Hopefully will have some soon though. Then I'm done. Wouldn't mind a Multi Function Steering Wheel but always intended to keep the mods simple. Just wanted to keep it OEM.

Very pleased with it though. Nice, fast, easy and comfortable to drive, pretty good on petrol, cruise control for long journeys, good stereo and satnav, handles well, big boot and looks smart.

:)

Edited by Philplop

The boot is canny big, can get all sorts in there. I even bought a little net thing to stop my vanity case sliding around.

I've just remembered I changed the number plate lights, interior lights and sidelights to LED's too.

Activated coming home lights, turned off the seatbelt bonger, and activated hazard lights under harsh braking on VAGCOM.

Little things to keep me occupied. :)

Edited by Philplop

I want to keep to Audi ones really, have thought about putting the Bentley's on, but don't want to drop down to the super low profile tyres that i have kicking about. One needs replacing, which is why they're not already on.

The grille looks better in person, but I must admit I was a bit unsure on the total black out look whilst walking towards it the other day.

The cruise was a mega-bitch!

I'd love it to be lower, but the 30mm is a nice height and still comfortable, and cheap.

I can't see me keeping it for ages, so always planned to keep the mods simple. I'd like air on my next car though. :D

The lupo hasn't gone yet, but I'll be advertising it shortly!

why did i think this was white?

how much was the cruise? i wonder if my new thing has it as std

Sometimes I wish it was white.

Cruise was £110. Genuine kit with the stalk, steering wheel under cowl thing and a wire to patch into the ECU. Got it off eBay, but they only had it listed for A3's and TT's. They actually dropped the price to £100 straight after I bought it. :(

I love the cruise control though, wouldn't be without it now. :)

Is yours the one that you posted on Facebook a bit ago?

• 2 weeks later...

My dad got some new wheels for his A6, and it would have been rude not to try them on. 19x8.5 et48 with 255/35/19.

aec948dc.jpg

Since I couldn't keep them, I pinched his old ones. 18x8 et35 with 245/40/18. He's got a set of winter tyres for them though, so he'll be wanting them back.

ac580037.jpg

I'm actually thinking about selling it though. Make me an offer. :lol:

Oh, and on the 170 mile drive to the in-laws it averaged 42mpg. Chuffed with that. :)

Edited by Philplop

• 3 weeks later...