making my gti go faster help?????

gtimade

regular Routine servicing.

if something Breaks, Replace with an Uprated part.

I guess use Super Unleaded (98ron)

also Treat the car with respect. (Wait for it to warm up before thrashing it etc. )

i guess theres Modifications you can do, but i guess there the best way to Preserve a cars performance as much as you can

Tyres and suspension will make you faster than any bolt on engine mods

Totally right

And possibly brakes, Going faster sometimes means slowing quicker. Plus it double sup as safety, its always nice to be able to hit the stoppers in a 30 and stop dead if a kid runs out etc etc

Tyres and suspension will make you faster than any bolt on engine mods

well not in a straight line it wont, but around the corners it definitely will. this is probably what he doesn't understand.

Only thing you can do cheaply is strip it out mate, everything else costs quite a lot that will make any real difference. Seats out, trims, panels, everything, bye bye.

• 1 month later...

straight through exhaust,

4-2-1 ashley manifold,

BMC Induction Kit,

Re-map,

I'd say :thumbup:

What sort of power are you looking at from the above?

Also if you throw in a cam what sort of power? and finally a ported and polished head?

Do you need to update injectors at any point?

Edited by tweedbean

How do mate!

Mine had the following;

Piper cams

Ashley 4 branch manifold with decat

Lightened flywheel

Panel Filter with ducting

Billet aluminium alt/crank pulleys

As standard it made 123bhp, then with everything bar cams it made 142bhp and i never RR'd it with the cams, though without a map, it must have been knocking on the door of 150bhp, with torque to match. I'd imagine that with a map it'd be close to 155-160.

It was a little weapon to be honest and on several occassions it worried Cooper S's. It ran a 14.9 quarter mile at 89mph to give you an idea of speed, then i stripped it and it was quicker!

...then it blew up!

Are the stock brakes and stock suspension any different on the GTI to the other models? Does the GTI have disc brakes on the rear? Does the GTI get uprated anti roll bars etc?

It gets 256mm front brakes, which are very easily uprated to 280mm, which i don't think any other model gets? Brembo calipers bolt straight on, which come off an Ibiza Cupra R and use a 305mm disc, but expect in excess of £500 for these.

It has discs on the rear, it sits lower than any other model as standard and comes with a larger front ARB than other models.

There is a rear A.r.b. available from Whiteline which transforms the handling, as it doesn't come with a rear A.r.b as standard!

I bought a set of Bonrath polybushes which really tighten it up and make it a lot more responsive, but don't fit big wheels or cheap coilovers if handling is your thing. Bilstein B12's are the way forward.