Henry - The Canica Blue Lupo

Amber_Nunny

Gave the woman who crashed into me a really reasonable price due to friends being able to do the work and she's being an arse about it and wants 'her mechanic' to look at it.

I don't fancy some dodgy backstreet garage doing the work, I'd obviously rather have the guy who resprayed the whole car to do it :rant:

You take the car where you want! It's that or tell her you'll go through her insurance!

I know, I've told her she's more than welcome to get quotes to check that the price is reasonable but at the end of the day ill be getting my guy to do the work.

I wish I'd of been a little bit less understanding when she hit into me now - becoming a bit of a pain in the ass!

Lowered car + snow = bad.

Got stuck on my drive this morning, snow had built up under my sills and I couldn't move so had to dig it out and get a push at about 6:30 this morning.

Mother wasn't happy to be woken up.... ^_^

why drive if its that bad?

if i were you i woulda also ran some Thinner wheels on the car. like sport ones or somthing.

makes it easier :)

'Cause I have to go to work, or take it off as holiday which would suck.

My sport wheels are on my other car and I'm not changing wheels in the snow - that would be cold!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So today's been very busy!

74810730-30FF-438B-A222-4132D507A4EC-978

Finally wired in the sub, rewired the back of the head unit and fitted new speakers :)

9718F549-9416-4A29-BA99-CC33EF641AD3-978

Plus I've decided to put my new head unit into Henry until Alvas done

994AF09A-F148-42C3-AE17-5C89F8F1B1C0-267

So happy that I can now drive to work without my headphones in!

^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Amber did you ever get around to sorting that insurance claim?

Where the woman hit into the back of me?

I haven't gone through the insurance as she is just going to give me the money for the damage.

Edited by Amber_Nunny

Bloody 'ell she's taking her time, you need start kicking some arse, don't let her procrastinate her way out of it. It was her fault after all!

The only reason her mechanic would look at it, is if she doesn't trust yours to give a fair quote, which is a bit cheeky if you ask me. If that's the case tell her you'll let the mechanic view it but only under your supervision and that you still want the work to be done by yours. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever why an external mechanics opinion is even required, she's bashed your bumper, damaged it, cost of the repair is what you've quoted her as far as I'm concerned but for me she's simply trying to make it as hard as possible for you.

Alternatively, suggest that you take her down the old insurance route, her premiums will go up, plus she'll lose her no claims. It's actually your discretion if you take it to insurance, she can't force you to do it privately, so if she's dragging her heels, threaten her with that, because once it goes there, it's out of her hands as she'll be forced to admit liability.

Edited by Skezza

Bloody 'ell she's taking her time, you need start kicking some arse, don't let her procrastinate her way out of it. It was her fault after all!

The only reason her mechanic would look at it, is if she doesn't trust yours to give a fair quote, which is a bit cheeky if you ask me. If that's the case tell her you'll let the mechanic view it but only under your supervision and that you still want the work to be done by yours. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever why an external mechanics opinion is even required, she's bashed your bumper, damaged it, cost of the repair is what you've quoted her as far as I'm concerned but for me she's simply trying to make it as hard as possible for you.

Alternatively, suggest that you take her down the old insurance route, her premiums will go up, plus she'll lose her no claims. It's actually your discretion if you take it to insurance, she can't force you to do it privately, so if she's dragging her heels, threaten her with that, because once it goes there, it's out of her hands as she'll be forced to admit liability.

I did manage to sort it out eventually after the woman pissed about for ages.

She's given me half of the money so far and I'll be getting the rest at the end of the month.

I don't think I'm going to get it sorted yet though.

It'll probably get done when my sport goes in for a respray :)

So since putting my new head unit and sub in I've had some issue with the battery dying.

First it was due to the amp not turning off when the keys were out of the ignition.

Once that was corrected Henry had been fine for about two weeks however, on Thursday he wouldn't start again and was just clicking.

I assumed something was draining the battery due to the new audio but it appears that it's actually the starter motor, as my battery worked on another tdi.

It's hammer time!

Hopefully that'll do the trick ^_^

So we managed to sort out the starter motor by rocking it in gear to free it up.

This worked for a day or so but last night it died again and won't budge, so I'm off to pick up a new one today :(

Hopefully the new starter motor will sort out the issues and ill be able to get to work!

A nicer update, decided to give Henry a clean this weekend :)

72991B57-72B4-46BF-B8E3-5133E04DDA2F-860

EB13F205-9991-4888-B75A-A9771F173E90-860

And the boyfriend decided to give his new car a wash too ^_^

34729E63-811D-48F9-8730-F97CF28AE084-672

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been meaning to update this for a while.

I got the tyres changed last weekend so I'm no longer rolling around on the sport wheels which is nice :)

I decided to head down to the Spray Shop meet so did a bit of cleaning, a nice chance to use my new Auto Finesse tar remover.

Before:

3F92DA27-AD3D-4284-982E-2E7FAF4ABB2A-334

After:

9180E3A5-FA9D-4A6A-ABE9-CD446F5F8708-334

It's honestly one of the best products I've ever bought and it was a reasonable price too!

Decided to go a bit crazy before the meet by using the blue fur I had lying around...

A11152C6-FAB8-4060-8211-2D5A243CA0E0-257

4FA8F287-E3DE-48EA-AC03-E07205E3BFA8-334

And the boyfriend bought me a matching parcel shelf mascot!

EC9F3423-116C-4937-B36C-96FA56775A82-340

I know a lot of people will hate this but it's my car and I think you've got to have a bit of fun with your daily!

29063B7F-D66A-4547-B23E-3779A9201EB5-609

So a few pictures from the meet:

6240a1fcbef52ea1845065599955bed1_zpsc443

48e2f1ebdaad55d37c22c00a66451c90_zps17f3

Henry wasn't looking to bad - besides the bumper :)

Edited by Amber_Nunny