Henry - The Canica Blue Lupo

Amber_Nunny

Thats absolutely gutting !!!! :ouch:

Don't know if you know but there is an auto electritian at the old work shops at the top of coleshill road in ansley common.

Took one of mine there a few years ago and they were quite resonable,don't know if it's the same guy but worth a shot.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks for all of the replies!

Luckily my neighbour is an auto electrician. He had a look earlier today and said he could easily repair it for me as long as I get hold of a new fuse box. So it looks like its only going to cost me about £40 plus a fuse box which is a massive relief!

I'm split of what I should do with Henry though... :(

Obviously he's going to get fixed but I don't know if I want to keep him anymore.

I know I'll be worried about something going wrong again but I spent sooo much time and energy trying to get him to look nice so I don't know what to do.

I'm hoping that when he's fixed and the boyfriend finishes his wheels that maybe I'll want him again...

I think I need some other people's opinions.

On a more positive note, some little updates...

The material for covering the headlining arrived this week

I have also aquired an engine cover :)

When you bought this in the state you did you shoulda really Anticipated some issues.

id get the Auto electritian to give the car a Good once over and to remove any Unnecssary Aftermarket Wiring.

&

you mayaswell keep it, you wont make much money back from what you have spent (I can only assume)

plus, One less thing to go wrong!

Get henry fixed and enjoy him

My 205 CTI i had before i bought mellow, i had it 2 years and a bit, it blew a hose, couple of weeks later a front bearing seized (that is one scary moment) a couple of months later clutch cable snapped and blow the clutch, plus loads of over things happened

The point im making i really loved that car but no matter what went wrong i kept with it :yes:

i love my lupo, and the day after i had it my lupo broke and found out it hadn't been serviced in forever and was running on no oil, after that the suspension blew from abuse from previous owners, i've since changed the linkage bushes as they threw out, a gearbox and clutch + have yet to fix the exhaust which is also broken! I'm still happy with it, sort the problems as then you'll see it and think corr what a car ;)

Nice and fresh. :) colour looks like the Seat Asora's white/blue.

thats what it is. Canica blue

ill buy him if dont want it lol

x2

Don't sell it, it's uber rare in that colour and a tdi at that, keep him and don't give up! I've had that feeling with cars and I regretted selling them!

It's probably the only canica Lupo in the uk.

Thanks for all the comments :)

I know I won't be able to let Henry go as I've put so much time into him and its still an unfinished project so ill just have to deal with my fears!

I'm hoping that the wiring will be repaired this weekend, also while he's off the road he's being treated to a new wheel bearing which was picked up in the MOT.

There's still loads of things to do but the main thing is getting him back up and running ASAP! After that it'll be back to the nice finishing touches ^_^

• 2 weeks later...