Blaine's lupo, Air'd out

Blaine

Hello everyone i thought it was time to start a thread on my car as it's nice to see progress .i have owned the car since september 2011 so the pictures start from back then. hope you like

AmberValley-20111012-00099.jpg?t=1318436681

I had purchased these wheels before the lupo from "wheel whores"

AmberValley-20110913-00072.jpg?t=1315919272

i also got a flocked dash and bonet bra before the actual car none of which made it onto the car as i changed my mind and sold them on.

oakwood.jpg?t=1331568213

so this is my car :yes: this was the fist pic i took of it after the dive back from sheffield after the purchase (i did manage to pick up a speeding ticket on the way back so that was a nice surprice a week later lol)

piers.jpg?t=1331568230

A pic with piers' GTI

pslots.jpg?t=1331568224

had a trial fi of the p slots but i was'nt keen they needed spacing out and there only 6j so would look funny (looks like a 4 x 4 in this pic haha)

firstporsh52.jpg?t=1331568554

firstporsh67.jpg?t=1331568159

came up nice after the first deatail....i'v later gone onto buy a rotary machine poisher,so the car will be getting a full paint correction soon

firstporsh22.jpg?t=1331568038

firstporsh38.jpg?t=1331568107

another wheel whores find i got these porsche teledials and adaptors for a good price

firstporsh19.jpg?t=1331568017

doorhandle.jpg

A bit of carbon wrap always looks good

Edited by Blaine
  • Like 2

porschestuff.jpg?t=1331568243

I had the wheels refurbished to get them like new and chosse 165/50 potenza tyres .

firstporsh72.jpg?t=1331568186

nice bit of stretch

firstporsh56.jpg?t=1331568137firstporsh41.jpg?t=1331568106

I had most of the bits together by now so it was time to bring the lupo down to earth abit and fit the coilovers. while fitting them i replaced the top mounts and rear bump stops for new ones..polybushes are next on my list of mods

firstporsh42.jpg?t=1331568126

i think i'v lowered the front of the car around 70mm and the back a little less but it is wound all the way down adjusters still in at the back

firstporsh26.jpg?t=1331568087

firstporsh9.jpg?t=1331568018

too low to go on my drive.

facebook2.jpg?t=1331567939

so I offered up the wheels to the hubs on the weekend for UD and this is how it's sitting at the moment

facebook1.jpg?t=1331567938

I have just fitted my pressed plates that i got yesterday from UD and thats about it so far.I do have to think about my mods properly before doing them as being a full time student i poor lol.

Edited by Blaine
  • Like 1

Theres gonna be no real modification progress til may/june time i'v just got too much uni work,just keep it detailed.But i will have saved abit of money by then so the plan is some kind of air setup.. :)

Edited by Blaine

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Right onto the Air ride as you can see from my previous posts^^^ I’ve been planning air since early march time (9 months!)

I started off by just planning to have the static plus system on the car at a cost of around £700, but with further research I decided I could sort my own full air ride system for around half as much again. It was around this time that a good mate of mine Piers got the full setup on his car and I saw how good it was, so my mind was made up!

I spent hours on the internet trying to piece together all the bit I needed for the setup (manual system) .My first purchase was HPS bags they were the cheapest around so I just went for them and the order was placed on 02/04/12 I got a fair discount on them as I have a few mutual friends with the supplier and Piers introduced me to them, so that was the main chunk of money gone ,and was told they would take around a month to come (happy days). It was around this time that dub fiction was forming and I got in contact with a guy called Andy who was just starting up his air ride supply/instillation business (low standard) He could sort me out with the full manual air management for cheaper than I could piece one together myself, I’m good friends with Andy now and I highly recommend his work for any of your air ride needs!!. So while I was waiting on the bags I got cracking with the rest of the instillation.

The HPS bags took months and months to arrive and just when I thought they were never going to come they finally turned up. They supplier picked them straight up and brought them to me the same day, so you can imagine how excited I was that they had arrived. So were there standing in the car park, I thought I’ll give them a good check over only to find that one of the bags had a broken fitting on it! So I took them home and the supplier told HPS and they said they would send a new one straight away. After getting the bags home and giving them a look over and comparing them to Airlift I just wasn’t happy with the quality and was basically pissed off with them (oh and the fitting took about 5 week to arrive), plus by this time I had saved some extra money around so I decided to try and sell them to buy the best bags in my opinion which is of course Airlift.

Andy at low standard was developing rear mounting for airlift bags at this point, as the bags that airlift supply to fit lupo’s can have problems with the fittings rubbing on the bag and bursting them. So with the low standard rear bags firstly they go lower than any other rear bag can, and secondly as the push fitting for the airline has been relocated to the bottom of the bag there is no chance of them rubbing. It was an exciting morning when the prototype bags arrived and seeing as my car already had the air management installed we test fitted the bags to my car and it went lowww. So them bags went off to their first costumer. A few weeks later I managed to sell my HPS bags and the same day my airlift order was placed.

Lupo’s use airlift MK2 golf front bags. All the bits for the rear bags came in no time and so did the front bags. Except they had sent Mk2 rears instead. But by this time I already knew the lupo was bad look lol.

So where the car stands now is with the custom low standard rear bags fitted and awaiting airlift to send the fronts out to me.

I’ll upload some pics later

Not having the best of luck blaine :( so you only have rear air ride atm?

Yep just running rear bags atm i had them sitting in my room for ages, i was gonna wait til the fronts came but was too tempting to fit them lol

Did'nt you know that all the cool kids are running rear bags only these day ;)

Heres all the airide management.i swapped the tank at a later date for one that would fit in the boot abit better ,as i have put everything in the spare wheel well hidden and sound deadened

• 5 gal tank
  • viair 380c
  • 4 manual switches
  • watertap
  • Airlift guages
  • 175-200psi pressure switch with manual override
  • 2 x 8mm feed lines to switches,the rest of the lines have to be 6mm
  • wired through a relay with ignition feed from the fuse box ( this will make it easier to and an additiional compressor if i want)
  • emergency fill up valve( can be filled with foot pump or any compressor)

PIVbf.jpg

sDvVt.jpg

All the air supply bolted down to the base with the mini wiring loom made up and fittings sealed to the tank

6Hyhs.jpg

Edited by Blaine

i made a holder for the guages out of a single din blanking pannel to fit under a single din head unit,and put blue LED'sto match the dash back lighting and my head unit.

fZUGB.jpg

8S3Ob.jpg

Numzl.jpg

peVO6.jpg