Chris260's Lupo GTI

chris260

• 4 weeks later...

It was all going so well until a couple of weeks ago, then i had my first issue with the Lupo.

I noticed I had a fairly substantial brake fluid leak from what i thought was a rear flexi, turned out to be the union on the hard line so rather than mess on with it myself i dropped it into the garage and they sorted it for me for a reasonable price. All sorted now by the looks of it so i took a trip to Philplop's house at the weekend for some hand me downs!

Roofbars so i don't have to mess up the interior piling crap in there.

6857064070_f68047a46c_z.jpg

Load lugger! by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

and also thought it would be rude not to upgrade the brakes when i needed new discs and pads so fitted these last night. They're so much better than the horrendous discs that were on before, Foxy warned me they were terrible so i've been doing minimal braking since i got the Lupo!

7003172189_68ac8fc16d_z.jpg

280's by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

Next up is a wheel refurb and a major detailing sesion. I got some new centre badges so they'll be getting replaced when i do the refurb.

It's looking like a negative of mine! You just neeed a black roofbox.

Been looking for one already Ray! If i can't get a black one i'll just paint it.

What are the discs?

Discs are 280mm G60 ones, ebay specials according to Phil!

I took quite a while to choose my roofbox as I wanted one which I felt suited the proportions of the Arosa. Not necessarily the best for loading though as it's rear entry (ooh err missus!) only. http://www.hapro.com/en

Just to say I have 10 Bathurst wheels. 1 brand spanking new, still in a VW box and packaging.

I missed out on a halfords one up the road for £35 but i think they're a bit flimsy anyway so not too fussed about it.

I only have 4 bathursts so they're not going anywhere but they'll be going back to silver in the near future.

Let me know about this mission Rich and i'll see what i can do! Are you going to Elsecar?

Just to say I have 10 Bathurst wheels. 1 brand spanking new, still in a VW box and packaging.

That's just greedy, you should clearly donate some to me :lol:

Yes I am, plan is to drive down and not in the Lupo. . .

I have a feeling this will involve some kind of mk2 maybe with a VR6?!

Ray's going to be on one of those hoarder tv shows in years to come with the house just stacked up to the rafters with bathursts! :lol:

I also have a brand spanking new VW GTI rear exhaust still in oil cloth and VW bag in the loft beside my collection of brides dresses. I paid £50 delivered for it! Bwwwhahahaaaaaaaa...

Chris, all roof new boxes feel flimsy when they are open. MIne wobbles and flexes like a plastic chinese take away carton, but when it's full and shut it's solid. Really hard to open as it forms a seal as it closes.

I noticed that you 'brought' the random one Matty was selling.

No, one of our caretakers brought it to my desk (inc 205\45 tyre). Our manager was in the room and I tried to pass it off as a piece of IT kit...

...yes, replacement hard disc for that laptop.

Did I say incorrectly type brought somewhere? I do hope not.

They certainly are past it - they were then ones i had on my GTI that day Phil when you were in the A6 and we were both going down the A689. Remember i didnt really stop at that 50 bit...

Car is coming along nicely Chris! It's good to see you with a GTi!