Remote central locking.

Right im thinking of getting a 'Right Click' remote central locking kit and was wondering if people had come in contact with these kits and if they are any good coz they seem pretty cheap for what they are???

cheers

• 5 months later...

I've juts bought the kit for if DON'T already have central locking. They are fantastically efficient. Ordered on the Tuesday, email on Wednesday saying I will recieve on the Thursday, and an email Thursday morning saying it will arrive between 10:10 - 11:10 ... Arrived at 10:20.

Just got to figure put how to fit it now :P

The alarm works a treat, haven't got round to having the door motors put in yet :) you can adjust the sensitivity of what sets it off, anything from wind to nuclear explosion.

Cos they give you vehicle specific instructions.

Pretty good ones may i add :)

The places you need to focus on are behind the bonnet release and behind the lower steering cowling. Most wires you need are there :)

Always fancied fitting one of these but the thought of it grinding to a halt worries me a bit. If you do fit it would you mind taking a few pics while you do it, and after? Just to see how well it works?

Mines already fitted and i got an auto electrician to do it. I watched him though so can't recite exactly what he did but i know he spliced into the power wires etc down behind the bonnet release. And then he spliced into the indicator lights on the steering column. We didn't fit the immobiliser relay from it though, decided its best to trust the vw one.

Mines already fitted and i got an auto electrician to do it. I watched him though so can't recite exactly what he did but i know he spliced into the power wires etc down behind the bonnet release. And then he spliced into the indicator lights on the steering column. We didn't fit the immobiliser relay from it though, decided its best to trust the vw one.

How well does it work? Is it smooth? Any problems with it?

My friends 206 central locking grinds like mad but it does kind of lock lol!!

Edited by Skezza

As said, i haven't fitted the motors yet. The alarm works a treat. You have three buttons on the key and each have multi functions.

First one (lock): if you press it once, the alarm will arm. The doors will also lock at this point and two beeps sound. If you hold this button in, the alarm sounds so you can find your car.

Middle one (mute): press it once and your car will lock and arm. but with no beep. hold it down and the lights will flash repeatedly to find you car but it won't make a sound. if the alarm is going off and you press this, it'll silence the alarm and re arm it.

Third (unlock): disarms alarm and unlocks doors. Depending on whether you armed it silently or not depends on whether it beeps when being unlocked.

Edited by joeadamou

Cool, will you let us know when you have. I'm really interested in one of these, it seems like a cheap worthwhile mod!