fitting HID's

chippi218

your just asking to get pulled by traffics, why not just buy someones gti xenons.. expensive but least it will pass and MOT and be legit :)

Pretty sure they won't pass MOT.

hi lads and ladies

i fitted my hits to the car took pics and everything

BUt i ordered the h4-1 which was low light only and seemed to be a lot cheaper

then realising after no description of the product that it was low light only when i brought it

the main been didn't work in the car.. so i took them out n put the std ones back in

but they were SOoo SOO bright it was unreal hahaha

so i will probably just get some competition h4 65w low/100w high halogen bulbs

really gutted tho they did look epic But as the never had high beam i didn't wanna risk anything + with the new hid's rule for 2012 it was pointless

really easy to do tho. just take out the original halogen bulb but you have to take a water tight plastic bit off that is held in by a metal brace.

then to get the bulb out theresto metal clips you press and then the bulb goes floppy and then u can take it out(use rubber gloves to prevent std bulb to break/blow) then simpil connect up the water tight connection shown in the hid kit instruction manual then there will be a red and black wire with a spade connector on the ends which plugs into the little white plastic bit that you disconnected from the old bulb and the black goes to the yellow and the red goes to the brown or either way round (you'll soon know as the lights will flicker if in the wrong way round) there is also a white cable the the plastic bit which is connected to the fuse box and i believe that to be 15 amp ! then just test it all works and copy it to the other side

i didn't go as far as mounting the ballast as it was pointless me running them + my dad wasn't too happy about them anyway hahaha.

ahh well

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't fit uprated power bulbs tbh, I fitted ones like these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-100w-12v-H4-472-P43T-HID-BLUE-ICE-XENON-HEADLIGHT-HEADLAMP-BULBS-/310344074771?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4841f2c613#ht_500wt_1054

it ends up melting your connectors and wiring and leaves you 15miles away from home with no headlights, really wasn't worth it lol

I wouldn't fit uprated power bulbs tbh, I fitted ones like these:

http://www.ebay.co.u...3#ht_500wt_1054

it ends up melting your connectors and wiring and leaves you 15miles away from home with no headlights, really wasn't worth it lol

Really? I have 130w main beam bulbs in my GTI, never have them on for more than a few mins at a time though!

• 1 month later...