Lupo glovebox!

burningsextornado

Basically when something needs replacing or goes wrong i just feel like having a bit of a moan really. I love lupos, i love both of mine to bits... I really do, but for the sake of me i cannot understand why a glovebox was not installed! The lhd ones do i believe! Even the smaller polo dash has one! So if vw can make a lh lupo with one surely they can with the rhd. Sometimes its little niggles like these that make me think...was the lupo just a botched job... Or did vw just run out of funding an think, you know what, if we leave a glovebo out that will save us 20quid a car.... Im not that annoyed to start ranting about the other things! Sigh..... :)

The Lupo, sorry, Arosa (Since it came first), was originally designed as a small town car, never really ment to be a hot hatch or anything. It was built to cut corners and save costs lol.

When people knock the mk1 arosa, I just grin and think "At least I have a glovebox, muthah fukkah" (Say like Chow on Hangover).

Lupo glove box - i know 99hjm had a go at this, i considered this but it looks a pain in the a***

It was standard on the 6n2 polo, but the amount of parts you need to change on a lupo is just mad.

Trial fitting of the Polo glovebox and lower dash.

DSCN3133.jpg

DSCN3134.jpg

DSCN3137.jpg

Lupo glove box - i know 99hjm had a go at this, i considered this but it looks a pain in the a***

It was standard on the 6n2 polo, but the amount of parts you need to change on a lupo is just mad.

Not worth the hassle tbh. Something unique tho.

its not so much that you dont get a glove box, its that you dont get anything!

you cant put anything in the long tray thing, as its either too big and looks messy, or its small, and slides all the accross the car.

it also gives passengers somewhere that they think they can put their feet. ha!

I had a Sport and then a GTi. Bizarrely, I never really thought about it in the Sport, but the absence of a glove box did irritate me in the GTi - they went to all the bother of aluminium panels, extra thin glass etc., but couldn't be bothered sticking a glovebox in RHD cars!

There was nowhere to put CDs (out of sight - apart from the boot), which doesn't matter nowadays in world of MP3 players...

Edited by Fow Vay