My black lupo streetbasser

Blue bulldog

The mad rush continues lol. Door cards are now trimmed up and in the car. Also got the delivery of my front speakers for the door cards. Taking a big risk with these because they are not really tested yet but will see how they sound

9bbafa05.jpg

fa5c5175.jpg

98fe395c.jpg

a405ca4d.jpg

8d354f80.jpg

46cf34ff.jpg

Phonocar 2/636 Pro-Tech mid bass drivers. Rated 100wrms each. Will get these in by Sunday hopefully. Forgot to get speaker cable lol

I actually think your car looks really nice from the outside - wheels are ace.

I can't really relate to spending thousands on an in-car system when it's never going to sound as good as a domestic high-end seperates system that you would have in your lounge.

Bass alone does not make a good sound system - it's about separation and low distortion.

But hey, it's your car, your money and, if it makes you happy then go for it :thumbsup:

I beg to differ I have a quality separates system at home and an all out sq system in my car and there equally as good!I do love a bit of bass though well done man I think you've done a cracking job seen as you've done all the work

Thank you for that. Been a mad rush but will tidy it all up after the show. Some of the leatherette has come away slightly but only noticeable in pics, not so bad in real life. Was crap glue I used but no time to go and get some proper stuff.

Got the speakers in the doors. They are not wired up yet because I need to get speaker cables but look like they could do some damage lol. Tested them in the house and not bad but the real test will be when I have them all wired up playing.

82c4d94a.jpg

fb3564e0.jpg

Other door

1f63355f.jpg

68c277d4.jpg

They were a pain to fit and had to get the router out to widen the mounting holes slightly. Might get some better screws than the ones supplied with the speakers as these aren't great. Also had to bend some of the metal behind the door card on second speaker as it was catching on it but otherwise a very snug fit.

Not insane at all lol. I like my music but really like it when its low and windy ;). I am not going to have any music in the car now until I get those speaker cables sorted and amp these bad boys up. Got more done today than I ever imagined I would. Once front speakers are sorted and playing, I will just concentrate on cleaning. Not got much time left so anything else will have to wait till after the show

I beg to differ I have a quality separates system at home and an all out sq system in my car and there equally as good!I do love a bit of bass though well done man I think you've done a cracking job seen as you've done all the work

Slowpoke, don't get me wrong, I admire what has been done in this car, I just said I find it hard to relate to - that doesn't make it "bad" in my eyes...

To elaborate though, as a source, CD will piss all over any MP3 as the latter is heavily compressed and therefore loses quality. CD requires minimal resonance and vibration to work at it's best and you simply don't get this in a car. Think of all the money you can spend on domestic isolation platforms, etc. Any other source - cassette, radio, etc. in a vehicle cannot compete for sound quality due to much higher signal:noise ratios. Also tweeters should be at ear level with as little absorbent material (i.e. seats) in their path - cannot be achieved in a vehicular environment.

Yes, you can have decent sound in a car (something I believe I too have achieved) but if you think it can compete for out and out sound quality against a home set up in ultimate terms, then your ears are misleading you.

As Blue Bulldog says though, he is not aiming for an ultimately tonally neutral system, he just wants a bass monster....... :thumbsup:

Edited by Joti

I think I may have started a bit of a debate here lol. This is a bass monster. It probably with tear the car to bits haha. On the other hand, I want to be able to still hear the music. I built this to play music not burp test tones. These speakers and the tweeters still to go in will help with the sound stage. At 150 + db there is very little sound quality that can be achieved though haha.

Love the car dude, gone your own way and you seemed to have loved it! So unique you're almost scene lol keep up the awesome work n updates!!

I don't bother with anything other than flac files joti you need to sit and have a listen in one of the very top European Emma cars such as mark tuners pioneer odr BMW I think you'll be more than pleasantly surprised a lot of work and hundreds of hours tuning and adjustments are made just over the course of one season alone

Car is washed, polished and waxed. All the imperfections are clearly visible lol. Going for a respray later in the year. If anyone is at modified nationals tomorrow and wants a listen, come over to the dbdrag stand. That's where I will be.

08a657d7.jpg

Car is washed, polished and waxed. All the imperfections are clearly visible lol. Going for a respray later in the year. If anyone is at modified nationals tomorrow and wants a listen, come over to the dbdrag stand. That's where I will be.

08a657d7.jpg

if thats your driveway behind your car, i do not envy you.

Yeah my driveway is crap. Who would have thought that would work, none of the cars can get on it properly. I just park as best I can and hope I don't rip my exhaust off lol

Yeah the phonocar gear is really good considering the price. I am pleasantly surprised it has kept up with the wall. Actually fills the gap that was missing before. Only the tweeters to sort and would finish off the sound nicely. My system actually sounds very civilised at low volume if you will believe it

I like that sticker. Got a few more I am looking at too. I don't want to go overboard with them. Had a very wet and muddy day at Modified Nationals yesterday. Was pleased that I made it even though the install is not finished.

Managed a 150.3 db at 33hz. Really pleased with that even though the box was not completely sealed and also air was getting behind the trim panel and flexing the hell out of my tailgate and rear bumper too. 154 db is very possible with all the work I am going to do. Might also be looking at two more powerful amps.Each sub is only getting 2000 watts rms, I ideally want to run a minimum of 3000watts through each. They are barely moving and crying out for more power. Did make someone tap out when doing a demo so pleased with that ;)

I was assessing my score which were a bit low. I know the subs are being underpowered but turns out one of my rca connectors was faulty. Changed that and the difference is ridiculous. I reckon I may have shot up to at least 153 db. Got stopped on the way home the other day by a mate of mine for a demo. He had his missus with him who agreed to do a hairtrick vid

A bit more sealing off of the cabin and I should see more gains and air movement.