My black lupo streetbasser

Blue bulldog

Messing about today with the vinyl again while my son was having a nap after all the Christmas excitement

cdebc888.jpg

e7cb1c95.jpg

Getting the hang of it so going to order two bulk loads and start properly doing the interior and dash bits. Also thinking about lacquring to give it that extra shiny look but will have a test first and see how it turns out

I have so many plans for this but money is limited. Got some inspiration from seeing Huw and Ellie's gti yesterday, such a stunning car.

As far as wheels are concerned I don't know yet. BBS are nice but not my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong, they work well but I am looking for something different. Want something with poke, staggered fitment and with a bit of a dish and polished lip. Not specific lol. Will keep looking. Like the look of Schmitz and Compomotive so looking at those options. Need 15s coz 13s are too small for me. Hopefully will find something I like.

Two were fine and two are now new. Same size yes. Well I will keep looking for new wheels then and let you know

On a side note, rear seats are now out of the car, free to anyone who wants them. Pick up my sub box on Tuesday. Also waiting on competition standard sound deadening so I can start deadening the floor, roof, doors and rear quarter panels. Getting exciting now. Really wish I could get some wide wheels for this now. Mini lites were an option too but don't think they did them in 15s with the deep dish.

Any suggestions are more than welcome

Fitted the volt guage into the ashtray then covered in vinyl wrap. Had to double check I had fitted it the right way but luckily I had lol.

5f069c76.jpg

Wiring it to the cigarette lighter for now but will connect to rear battery bank when that is eventually installed

Got my wall trial fitted. This is the bit I am going to be hated for lol. Box will house two 18" subwoofers. The surprising thing is that the suspension hasn't dropped at all. Then again I have lost all the seats, trim panels, carpets, seat belts etc from the rear of the car so lost weight before adding it with the box. Handling hasn't changed at all.

1a946d1e.jpg

Just some work now to get it solidly secured in the car. Also sound deadening where I can for better sound and getting all those valuable db's out of the system.

• 3 weeks later...

Progress is slow on this due to lack of time but got the wall trim panel trimmed and test fitted it. I got an idea of how massive the subs are that are going in there. Going to be an immense amount of preasure in the cabin. Better make sure I sound deaden the whole car very well.

27a943b9.jpg

83315fde.jpg

Leg room is going to be an issue with me being 6 foot tall but I have a plan for shifting the box further back to allow me a few more valuable inches

False floor down and expandy foamed

975f828a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A few updates.

Sound deadened the roof

be2b1abd.jpg

Vinyl stuck to the inside of the rear windows. Box could still be seen from outside but now its completely blacked out. Looks like limo tint from the outside

e738b36f.jpg

Box back in the car

8073c1e9.jpg

Now to get it secured and mdf added to top of box to bring it up to roof level. Also trim panel to fit to the front of the box. Hopefully picking up the subwoofers and amps in a couple of weeks :)

Thanks people. Really didn't think anyone would like this lol.

Was itching to do more when I got home so got the trim panels fitted too. Took a lot of pushing and heaving to get them flush, ended up using the jack to help me get them into place. Gonna be a lot easier next time but got no space in the house for the panels so had to get them in the car.

Pics are not so great because it was dark but love it :)

8179d73b.jpg

The desire for bass is getting stronger and stronger

' That's Gonna blow the bloody Doors off!!' :)

Well it might do once you get some speakers fitted! Interesting project do far! Def. hear you coming!

Speakers and amps should be with me end of the month. Going in the box are two DC audio level 5 18" subwoofers run by two SPL Dynamics s2000d amps. I reckon I can hit 155db but just want that brutal bass and to move as much air as possible. I don't know why I love bass so much but been addicted since I first drove a car 18 years ago.

I am not rich at all. I saved for years to do my mg zr and when I stripped that I sold everything I could to fund this. Still saving now as I have run out of cash for batteries lol. My Moto is if you want something, go for it. I am seriously addicted to bass though :)

I go ages without doing anything then get loads done in a couple of days lol. Anyway kept going on this. Retrimmed the roof lining in black faux suede.

cf63cc52.jpg

3bcce354.jpg

Everything is going to be black on this car lol. May have to have a think about how I am going to break it up a bit.