Will a Ford Puma 1.7 Engine Fit In A Lupo??

LupoRich1992

Having just finished an engine conversion of the 1600 16v gti kind, Wiring is an absolute Ball ache......

I took a different approach to everyone else with sammy-jo's engine,

in that we spliced the engine loom from the 6n2 polo straight into the lupo loom, not how most others have done it

it took 3 whole days of high's & low's & moments of... " wheres that jerry can an a match"

What i'm getting at is this, the wiring diagrams from autodata are somewhat lacking in all thats required & by no means makes it eaier in fact some times it made things more confusing, some educated guessing was involved ( it all worked out fine as we aren't stupid ) but... really honestly doing that wiring where you could almost assume the colours would be the same was very hard work,

i wouldnt even want to start thinking about wiring in an ecu from another marque........

ive fitted a puma engine in a fiesta an the mountings would need to be completely custom as wud the linkage an shafts also the for wiring system isnt the best tbh an the puma engines all tho they r 1.7 they r really under powered i only had mine in my fiesta for a week as it was so slow so i stuck a 2.0 zetec in it an turbod it an oy was that fun

To be honest, do it, you will be the first to do it and its certianly different especially if its on offer to you!

Give these guys a call

Andrew Leigh - 07711 397534

Andrew Outhwaite - 07976 281354

They are from Croft companys ACR they specialize in this kind of stuff, they are classed as one of the best around and are genuine good blokes!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ACR/125904530818797

LOL Mines at an all time high because I've been hiding in a cave plotting for 8 months ;)

What type of cave, small dingy stinky thing, or spacious bond villain underground lair cave?

What type of cave, small dingy stinky thing, or spacious bond villain underground lair cave?

Bond villain style mountain side lair! With henchmen, the lot!

And did you only have a fun size mars bar?

Nah, A 40 pack of 80% Beef 1/4 pound burgers :) lol