Engine flush paid for it's self in days !!!!!!

This is rather crazy I think. I've really done my homework on economy driving and I love having an eco race.

A while ago I posted about my car doing rather awful fuel drinking. The general consensus was that "it was a sport" and therefore would be bad on fuel.

I'm glad to report this was not so.

Recently I service my loop and had a go with the infamous Forte Advance Engine Flush. Wacked a bottle in and ran for 45 mins.

Oil came out minging considering I'd only changed it 5000 miles ago.

I used to get 65-70 miles per quarter tank if I drove like a SAINT. Now I'm pushing 85-90 very easily and on my most recent fill up averaged 49.23 MPG

I read an article in the paper this weekend about an AA eco-driving course. Now I don't think I need this but they recommend changing from 1st to third and then to fifth, skipping out the even gears. I'm going to give this a go this week and see what happens.

I have no ties what so ever to Forte but this stuff paid for it's self in the first week and I can whole heartedly recommend it next time you do an oil change.

Also having a binding right front caliper must be halming it some what. Anywho I'm on to a winner!!!

my right foot is too heavy and I like playing with the local chavs in their 1.0 corsas... I am a chav at heart

I get 175 miles to a full tank of super unleaded (£45 worth) in my Lupo :lol:

SNAP, cant help myself

i find it impossible to drive economically in the sport, its pants if you do!

When i was driving the primera though over winter i drove it so slow, think its because it was like being in a lounge lol

• 8 months later...

Ok so to save starting a new thread thought I would bump this one up.

I'm planning on doing an oil change and will be buying some Forte Engine Flush.

I also want to drain and replace the gearbox oil.

Anyone got any advice on what oil I should run on both engine and box?

I have always used the Halfords brand - which is made by Comma, and never had any problems.

opinions? :)

Why would you use Mobil1?

I have only ever used the likes of Halfords own brand (Comma) and Fuchs which I found to be brilliant.

As for gearbox oil, I will be going to VW and getting it from them.

Why would you use Mobil1?

You say that as if its witch piss or something.

I use it because I beleive it to be of good quality, it meets the correct VAG spec for my engines and the viscosity range is excellent. It is also £25 for 5l.

You use clean water to bathe in?

Basically the same stupid question you asked Defcon, you wouldnt bathe in ****ty brown water thats to thick no would you?

Yeah he asked why you use mobil 1 as he uses halfords own which is probably a far lesser quality

Always use mobil one unless you are a tramp like me occasionally and use asda 5w30 ;) (wait for disapproval) I tend to only use that when i know she's going to stand for a while.

Mobil 1 or castrol magnatec most of the time.

I have 3x1l bottles of castol sythatec or something in the box, seems to be fine although it certainly wasn't cheap

Ah ok cheers all.

I only asked why you would use it as in "give me reasons and you opinion on it".

I wasnt saying "why the flip would you use that stuff?".

As I said I've used Halfords stuff which isn't as bad as most people think and I've also used Fuchs which is brilliant.

If people are rating Mobil1 then I may get some of that though.

Also, people Seem to be advising on not doing a flush as it could cause damage to bearings etc by removing X years worth of oil.

I think this depends on the milage of the engine..

Ive dont just over 62k in mine and every time i do an oil change i flush it!

Now on the Mrs lupo, 110k, i dont flush before an oil change..