what is the difference between gti and standard

ozzyboy

The GTI features thinner glass, aluminium panels (I think its the bonnet, wheel arches and tailgate), flared wheel arches and sills, xenon headlamps, centre exit twin exhaust, the front and rear bumpers are different and there is a rear tailgate mounted spoiler.

I think that there is a more detailed description on here somewhere.

The work is so extensive that it is not really possible to add the GTI styling to a standard specification Lupo.

It's the bonnet, front wings and doors that are aluminium.

Every panel other than the tailgate and roof is different, and even the roof was changed to allow for the GTI's spoiler, they just moved the aerial holes on all Lupo roofs when the GTI was released.

The bonnet and doors are interchangable.

Aye.

Front bumper is obviously different.

Wings are wider and aluminium.

Doors are aluminium.

Rear quarters are wider.

Rear bumper is different

Roof had the aerial moved forward so it doesn't catch on the spoiler (but all Lupo's changed when the GTI was released)

Tailgate is the same but has a spoiler fitted.

Spare wheel well is shallower to make way for the exhaust.

The window glass is thinner and lighter.

Seats are different.

Battery is in the boot.

Front grill is a different shape and size.

Headlights are different.

Fair few changes! :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

What's the difference between the seats on a gti and a normal lupo seat? Same fixtures I guess? But are they more like recaros?

Totally different from recaros, Gti seats hug you more than a standard lupo seat but recaros are on a different level

I think the GTI seats are a good pay off. Better support, but not rediculous to get in and out of.

Base could do with being a tad firmer in my opinion.

They were also fitted to the later Sport and TDI models, so it shouldn't be impossible to get a set. Matching door cards however seem to come up less often than the seats themselves.

I find the Gti seats uncomfortable personally, but then again Iv'e not sat in standard ones, but its partly the reason i'm putting some Mk 4 recaros in and the fact they look 5hit hot.

They are also height adjustable both sides which is nice for those of us who are anal.

Fixed ;)

• Like 1

They are also height adjustable both sides which is nice for those of us who enjoy symmetry.

At last someone else that speaks my language. Not had this problem with the Lupo, but passengers are forever dicking with the Recaro seat in the ST. It looks untidy.

Tbf day to day mine aren't symmetrical but it's good for shows, I sit all the way back and 3/4 way up, passengers tend to sit all the way back and down. It saves me messing up my seating position, ill just adjust the shotgun seat to suit :)