More great wheel clamping news.

jabbles21

Well guys, inspired by Williams' thread on him beating the clamping theives, today I beat them :)

It was private clamping at college, in a college car park, with only a £25 fine. But it was the pride of winning that made me want to get out of it.

So I drove off the clamp, removed my wheel hoping that would be it - but the chain had gone between the lower strut and driveshaft/caliper (if that's what they're called). So i went with a mate to pick up a few tools.

We returned, undid the 3 bolts that keep them together and with a bit of pulling and yanking the chain came free!

Reassembled my car after a bit of trying before proudly carrying the clamp through college before returning it to the caretaker.

I'm just hoping to pass on the knowledge and inspiration as 'Williams' did to me :)

Jake.

No but through college I was threatened with being suspended. I know they can't take any legal action against me but I'd rather that than being excluded or expelled!

Still, point is they can be removed whatever the circumstance.

Jake.

My college is messed up, they handed over the carpark to a private company to deal with the parking. But as the ticketman only comes around like once a week on a friday at about 3, so everyone parks on there anyway.

So college nazis stand at the enterance of the carpark looking for your college parking pass and stop you if you dont have one and threaten you with a warning. As i got stopped the other day, I simply said "College dont run the carpark, you have no authority" He replied "I want you student i.d number and reg" I replied "I dont go to college, sorry" ;)

i got banned from parking in my school car park lol. apparently parking your rover 200 on a wet grass slope and having it slide gradually into the school as you try to get out of the mud isnt acceptable?!

oh and then there was reversing a little to fast

The permits to park at huish are quite a lot more than they need to be. u shouldnt have taken the clamp back, just put it on tom's car lol

I assumed u had a permit anyway cos uve been taking the car to college for a while i thought?

U probably messed up your tracking now too :/

i got banned from parking in my school car park lol. apparently parking your rover 200 on a wet grass slope and having it slide gradually into the school as you try to get out of the mud isnt acceptable?!

Epic!

Wheel spinning past the guys on peds isnt acceptable aswell (apparently...)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is messed up but i have no choice. He did originally come out as I was reassembling my car saying "you will be expelled for this" which I never believed but did scare me a bit. Took the clamp back for pride more than anything, carried it few college with a few mates, the chains clanking, saw a caretaker and offered him his clamp back, padlock still on. And no, tracking is fine. Not much movement in the position of the 3 bolts I undid.

Nope, no permit, Noone in TA1 can buy one.

So what your trying to tell us is you got clamped, and spent the time taking the car apart to take the clamp off and then still had to pay the fine?

That does humour me somewhat.

John

:lol: Exactly what I was thinking B)

Students protest at the cuts, loans, rise in tuition fees, then go and waste what little money they have by rolling over and compensating a PPC for losses they didn't incur.

If that's what education in the country gets you, it's not worth having :lol:

If that's what education in the country gets you, it's not worth having :lol:

:lol: oh well, soon no one will be able to afford it anyway so it doesn't really matter :lol:

So what your trying to tell us is you got clamped, and spent the time taking the car apart to take the clamp off and then still had to pay the fine?

That does humour me somewhat.

John

I learnt alot from it, and I never considered that I would be threatened with exclusion.. hence the dismantling.

If the thread's not worth being here then by all means remove it John, but as I said in the OP, I wrote it so that people know it can be done. I managed it with a couple of mates in a carpark with a jack and an adjustable spanner and a limited knowledge of car mechanics.

I know it was more hassle than it's worth and it's cost me the same, if not more. I'm glad I took my car apart instead of just giving up and handing over £25. But like I say I've learnt alot so not phased by it.

Jake

It's a joke that they would "expell" you. I take it you're not doing a Degree, thus, not paying their wages with £3,000+ a year, so they can afford to "expell" a student I assume.

Either way that's unnacceptable on their part. You could be a doley fo' life just because they want £25 to go towards (if Plymouth is anything to go by..) NOTHING IN 5 YEARS.

Getting some personally college/uni rage out there, sorry lol.