lupo 75bhp and 100bhp

jonnydee

anybody know how some 1.4 16v lupo`s have 75bhp and other 1.4 16v lupo`s have 100bhp standard i have the 75bhp and wondered if the lupos have a restrictor or something replies will be much appreciated thanks jonnys

Common question, but basically lots of different parts (cams, throttle body, exhaust...). And before you ask, it isnt worthwhile trying to get the 75bhp to 100bhp. Both engines are 1.4 with 16 valves. However the 100bhp version is branded the "16V" or the "Sport" and has a centre exit exhaust.

Hope it helps.

I have heard that the sport boys were just putting this stuff in:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_174706_langId_-1_categoryId_165750

I put some in my lupo s. Hey presto 100bhp.

Lol, nvr seen anything that tries to make claims like these, only in halfords! (I hope this isnt a serious bhp claim lol)

yh man i liike go dem in me petty tank n when i pull up to the liights ya get me I well blew off da ova geeze n he was just in his pawshce chillin wiv his mrs hu a bang tidy jobby init. so wiv ma 100 bhps i like spun ma wheels init thru da gears den his mrs gev me a blowie

yh man i liike go dem in me petty tank n when i pull up to the liights ya get me I well blew off da ova geeze n he was just in his pawshce chillin wiv his mrs hu a bang tidy jobby init. so wiv ma 100 bhps i like spun ma wheels init thru da gears den his mrs gev me a blowie

Is that true?

yeah funny i was looking for serious answers

I gave u a serios answer :coffee: . If u have a 75bhp, no point whatsoever trying to make it 100bhp, costs a fortune, too much work, insurance rockets and it is better value to just buy a sport.

I asked the question when i first got my Lupo and got about the same amount of sarcasm lol

My mates got a sport and i dont think its even worth trying to get that extra 25bh, the power from the sport isnt anything worth shouting about to be honest.

I'll be re-routing the air intake, sticking a PiperX pannel filter in and possibly getting a custom made stainless exhaust (only an idea at the moment thou). I cant see there being much power to gain without spending a fair bit. High lift Cams would do a nice job :)

Its just what performance/price your happy with! My car was cheap as chips so i'll be spending a fair bit to get it to the standard i want :)