More Money Than Sense....

Mr Moley

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think that's bad don't ask me what I've spent lol

Well add what's going to be spent and it will be around £5600 minus audio, and i can see audio coming in at £500 so we'll call it £6000 :/

For me probably 10k already spent around 5k and that's since begining of Feb lol

Can i play this game?? laugh.gif

Indicators are where they always are.

So i picked the car up tonight in absolute peices. Got soooo much to do tommorow it's unreal. The car has been flatted back with 2000 and tommorow i shall begin the task of machine polishing it to a mirror finish! Alot of work needs to be done so ill keep you all updated with pics!

I'm simply doing the compounding stage of this now mate so it's going to get a whole lot better. I'm using a DAS-6 Pro with a white sonus compounding pad with menerza power gloss cutting compound. Once the whole car is done to a good standard the paint will be refined with a orange sonus polishing pad with a lesser cutting polish fromm menerza, can't think of the name off the top of my head. Then the paint will be further refined with a yellow sonus pad and super finish from menerza. It will then be left to dry hard for the next 2-3 weeks, where it will be further refined and full detailed with plenty more of my products :D

Hope i helped.

Thanks mate! Paint needs ALOT of refining. Not smooth really, got alot of work ahead of me!

Heres the next update from today:

I went out to the car today looking at this horrible aerial...

DSC01727.jpg

So i whipped it off to find this mess underneath:

DSC01728.jpg

Peeled off the manky wrap and gave it a quick blast with the DA.

DSC01729.jpg

DSC01730.jpg

Replaced with the new shark fin aerial which looks **** so i'm gunna get a new smaller one:

DSC01731.jpg

After some more compounding the rear quarter looks like this:

DSC01732.jpg

And the rest of the car:

DSC01733.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

DSC01744.jpg

My tools for the job!

DSC01737.jpg

After i'd gone over enough of the car for today i gave it a snow foaming to get rid of the dust!

DSC01736.jpg

DSC01735.jpg

DSC01734.jpg

Then my mate came over with his golf for a good wash and to lend a hand!

DSC01738.jpg

The mess we were making with washing, compounding, and all the other bits and bobs we were doing:

DSC01741.jpg

Next up was removing the window tints! The car looked like a black blob with them in so out they came, a little peeling and then rip it off in one go and it was out!

DSC01739.jpg

DSC01740.jpg

After this was done i cleaned the windows and got out some cool stickers i had ordered a few days ago, LOVE the white one.

DSC01743.jpg

DSC01742.jpg

DSC01752.jpg