More Money Than Sense....

Mr Moley

Last mod for today was to tint the rear light strips, mask them off, spray to tinting spray, leave for 20 minutes and all done! It isnt as dark as this up close it's very subtle which looks great!

Before,

DSC01746.jpg

Masked:

DSC01747.jpg

One done:

DSC01748.jpg

Both:

DSC01749.jpg

And done:

DSC01751.jpg

While the lights were out the lighting mounts were in terrible condition so i got out some bilberry and a brush and set to work!

DSC01750.jpg

DSC01745.jpg

No after pics but they were squeaky clean!

Now i'm shattered. Next day is thursday! Another full day :D

See you then guys!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lights are too much i think

maybe need all the red at the same level with just the reverse lights clear. (dont know the legalities of tinting) but it should look better

And by the way, your car is soooo shiny in this pic of the wheel arch that the reflection of the hedge looks photoshopped!

DSC01726.jpg

Edited by BEP51

The rear light reverse section is going to be sprayed red like the rest of the light tommorow (today) and the black like i said really isnt that dark. Ill try to take some better pictures for your guys! The car is far from shiny, i'm looking to get it to a much superior standard, i MIGHT be done by sunday if i pull off a full day tommorow and sunday. But i doubt that highly haha!

Another big update coming tommorow!

Keep watching guys!

Onto today's work, much like the other days...

Compounding and more compounding led to a sonus orange pad and some power finish polish. Results started to appear.

DSC01756.jpg

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

I re posistioned the exhaust mounts so it was sitting alot nicer:

DSC01755.jpg

Cheeky front shot of my slightly smaller than average plate:

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

The mess being made in the garage once again:

DSC01763.jpg

Swapped my cream rear view mirror for my mates golf mk4 black one. MUCH BETTER!

DSC01764.jpg

And the day ended like this:

DSC01761.jpg

As i parked up for the gym i noticed a slightly large pokey car infront of me haha! I had to show you guys this absolute beast!

DSC01766.jpg

DSC01765.jpg

10j?!?! 11j?!?! ET - 10?!?! haha!

Crack on guys!

Ive got super deep dish 8 and 9j steffan rs with snooker ball red centres ;) Should be being picked up tommorow morning! Theyre sick according to the painter!

Not really getting it ready for a deadline but all my mates keep saying "what's next, when you getting the wheels on?, when you getting your spoiler?" and i just wan't to get it done to shut them all up haha!

The car will look SOOOO much different with the new wheels on.

Which spoiler have you got fatty? The sport one or the GTI one?

And as for the mad hours, i just enjoy doing it! :)

Ive got super deep dish 8 and 9j steffan rs with snooker ball red centres ;) Should be being picked up tommorow morning! Theyre sick according to the painter!

Not really getting it ready for a deadline but all my mates keep saying "what's next, when you getting the wheels on?, when you getting your spoiler?" and i just wan't to get it done to shut them all up haha!

The car will look SOOOO much different with the new wheels on.

Which spoiler have you got fatty? The sport one or the GTI one?

And as for the mad hours, i just enjoy doing it! :)

wheels sound nice buddy, ive got the optional VW Accessories Spoiler, 3rd brake light has been smoothed and corners modified slightly where they meet the tailgate edges. The one in my sig is the original GTI, new one is in my built thread. Alex

Edited by fatttty

it just seems pointless then to me getting a mirror finish on a black car thats going to be used every day, your going to be forever polishing it with a mop, but i guess thats up to you at the end of the day, it does look good though as is coming along nicely

Few pics to upload later but for now im going to remain pissed off. Went to pick up the wheels earlier and the guy who did them doesnt have a key for the gate to get into the road where the bodyshop is and the guy who does it out having food with his mrs. SO im gunna pick them up tommorow on the way home from work at like 11pm ish. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Here we go,

So i picked up the wheels with a pretty poor paintjob which is going to be re-done as they need some real perfect masking and prep to get them looking amazing but they still look pretty sick. They rub like an absolute bitch! Gunna need to flare these arches to give me some room to play with. Had a hell of a laugh today with a mate sticking the wheels on, the car looks 100000% different. I knew it would.

Here a pic of some of the gear i had bought from eBay to keep things moving along nicely. A new "illest" sticker to fill a gap and my new scirroco aerial which looks a hell of a lot bette than that shark fin ****!

Gear:

DSC01768.jpg

The aeriel looks matt black but its just my grubby finger prints.

DSC01770.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

Onto the wheels!

Coilovers started like this......

DSC01773.jpg

Ended up like this:

DSC01774.jpg

Adjusters were taken out and springs cable tied down....

DSC01779.jpg

DSC01778.jpg

How much fun does this look!!!

DSC01772.jpg

New wheels!!!!!!

DSC01775.jpg

DSC01776.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

Looks like i had bags......**** bags haha.

DSC01780.jpg

DSC01785.jpg

DSC01782.jpg

DSC01783.jpg

DSC01784.jpg

And after all that, my furry friend!

DSC01767.jpg

Still a hell of alot to do to the car!

More updates will follow tommorow!

Give me all your opinions guys!

Edited by Mr Moley