Vixen the 1.0E... "Lupo to Watch 2013"- Carbon BBS RMs

JoeA

The past 2 weeks work have been sourcing parts and rebuilding the induction. Wanted a CDA as well as to sort out the dirty oil that was spewing everywhere. Took a fair bit of maths but i'm happy now its all connected :) sounds better, works better and goes better :)

Mounted the catch tank at the front of the bay.

IMG_1201_zpsac0ec6d8.jpg

Ran piping to the PCV, EGR and Rocker cover breathers, as is on the standard air box.

IMG_1200_zpscec51614.jpg

Piped that in nice and close to the TB.

IMG_1199_zpsb861a844.jpg

Then got the BMC mounted at a different angle from the last, also removed the cold air feed i put in.

IMG_1198_zps0a14adf3.jpg

Everything piped in and fitted.

IMG_1197_zpsc5e04b47.jpg

Engine cover back on.

IMG_1203_zps15388fc6.jpg

Just need to clean the bay and apply my new CDA sticker now! Oh and finally get round to ordering the bolts caps for the cover from Dale.

Thanks for looking, as usual, more to come ;)

Edited by JoeA

Looking good as always Joe! Looking forward to seeing what you do for Ultimate Dubs :) see you there I suppose :)

Nice car!!!

Thanks guys :)

Yeah wheels should be on for UD, few other bits planned but they'll probably happen halfway through show season as per usual!

I just took off the bottom sections, my airbox could technically be assembled no issues :)

I just took off the bottom sections, my airbox could technically be assembled no issues :)

i had loads of clearence issues with the backets under the cover that airbox sits in so had to chop them out but then i was left with a cover that would flap about unsupport at the back which the tuner that looks after the car said will set off the knock sensor in the tb. I went about cutting up the airbox itself so it would accomidate all the tubing and the catch tank and keep the rear supports.

I'll post up pictures in my thread as it took some fiddling but its all hidden and very solid.

Oh you must have used a bigger pipe, (51mm -71mm?) See I found the bigger the pipe was, the less induction sound I got so went smaller to create a better vacuum plus the ECU doesn't like it when it gets to much air.

Edited by Chrisbee

Oh you must have used a bigger pipe, (51mm -71mm?) See I found the bigger the pipe was, the less induction sound I got so went smaller to create a better vacuum plus the ECU doesn't like it when it gets to much air.

That's the one, 70mm throughout now :) found it runs fine for me and the noise is top! :D

Cool car :thumbsup:

Joe

Thanks Joe appreciated :)!

Great work on the Engine bay :)

Looking forward to seeing this at some shows

Ryan

Thanks Ryan :)

I'm sure we will catch up at some shows again this season :)

Yessss we will :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Progress is starting to begin again, got an oil change to do.

Then, my pals pitched in and bought me some team hekos, so need to fit them at some point.

Wheels are getting picked up on friday, only need dishes, rubber, bolts and valves :huh:

May have found a new indicator panel too, will have to have it sprayed.

Then, just a mighty good clean and a full machine polish and ill be halfway there....

Edited by JoeA