Full respray

BlockHead

I'm hopefully getting a better-paying job at work in the next few months, and what with my car's paintwork being dog-rough I've always wanted a respray but never thought I'd ever be able to afford it. The plan is save up til summer, or the end of it and get it done then, but I've heard mixed quotes?

Been told £800ish by some people and £2000ish by others :blink:

Anyone on here had a full spray job? As in, exterior, inside bonnet, interior metal etc.

All depends where you go but you should expect 800-1000 for external assuming there's no major dents/damage etc

Internal painting costs will really vary depending on the amount you want done, but unless you're going for a colour change, is it really worth it?

Edited by Huw Pugh

No major dents or anything, and by under bonnet I mean just the bonnet itself, not the engine bay. And yeah I want a colour change, that's why I wanted to know about the whole lot, because I wouldn't want a white car with a silver interior :blink:

the joys of metal showing in the interior :thumbup:

Its easy going to cost 2k for a full colour change , under bonnet and door shuts done plus al glass out.

I have seen vinyl diy jobs look excellent before and it certainly needs a lot less expertise than spraying, heres quite a well known one from the US Click!

Edited by Brother_Will

Full colour change done properly, thats every nut and crany covered, inside and out, your looking at £1,500 to £2,000

Get it done cheap and you'll have to get it redone properly.

There was a certain white "show car" about which when the bonet was open it was blue, ha

to be honest unless youre going to be doing the show car circuit scene, then i wouldnt bother going for a colour change, A) it reall is a big big job, car would need to be stripped to a shell, and B) to geta good job its gonna outweigh the cost of the car,

I'd be asking if the car really does need a full respray.

You'll be surprised what a detailer can correct, or even touch up and flat back.

What with that, and there being so many dent men about, unless your going to be doing a lot to the car, i'd look at that route.

How long I keep the car and how much I do to it is entirely dependant on my work situation. I dropped out of the Army when I was 16, and I'm midway through re-enlisting, if all goes to plan then I will probably do a lot to it just for lol's :) Or buy a GTI, or both. The joys of my only financial commitment being insurance :) But vinyl or a touch up sounds appealing :)

as above dude it depends on who you go to.

my car was messed up when i bought it. crumpled bonnet, dented front wing, both rear arches dented and dings everywhere. i got the inside and outside resprayed and got my front bumper and boot smoothed at the same time for £1000 - i went for a colour change aswell, they stripped the whole car, bonnet doors carpet and bumpers off. the only bit that didnt get sprayed was the engine bay.

however i got another quote from a guy for £1000 for just the outside.

Sounds like u got a good deal there joh... What's quality of the job like honestly?

honestly... i'd say it was 8 out of 10

the insides mint. however the dude couldnt finish off the outside and had to get someone else to do it. not as good but its really good for the money.

i know people say buy cheap do it twice kinda thing but the guys did a really good job fixing all the dents and the smoothing of it all. theres pictures on my build thread :)