top gear this evening

one litre wonder ;)

£150k for the Atom? Personally, I can't see the value in that over a regular one and did it have a V8 burble? No.

I've liked the Yeti since the concept was revealled some time ago. Better looking than the boring Tiguan and some spare change can't be all bad if you're in the Market for a useful mobile shed.

Porsche v Beetle gag was more effective than some of the recent ones.

As much as I've always loved Top Gear, am I the only one that is getting a bit pee'd off with the amount of old classics that they are demolishing?

Don't get me wrong, Mark 1 Beetle's really don't do it for me, neither do Morris Marina's, but is there really a need to keep killing these iconic motors?

I keep telling myself that they are using cars that were knackers to start with but I'm not so sure that they are.

They more than get the nod from me when it comes to killing caravans though :lol:

As much as I've always loved Top Gear, am I the only one that is getting a bit pee'd off with the amount of old classics that they are demolishing?

Don't get me wrong, Mark 1 Beetle's really don't do it for me, neither do Morris Marina's, but is there really a need to keep killing these iconic motors?

I keep telling myself that they are using cars that were knackers to start with but I'm not so sure that they are.

They more than get the nod from me when it comes to killing caravans though :lol:

I agree intirely. but that might just be because im a disgruntled vw owner whose bitter over the fact that someone can afford to throw a mk1 beetle a mile from the ground and i cant even afford to smooth my lupo haha

Ahh who cares, let the beetle owners cry lol. They will of paid a fair wack for it so can do what they want with it.

No different that seeing someone put distasteful modifications on a car and ruining it imo. :)

Modifications can normally be removed though. Once a car has been dropped from 1600m in the air, there's no way of fixing it.

I just think that if they keep going/encouraging smashing old classics then there will be hardly any left and it would be said for a classic breed to become completely extinct.

£150k for the Atom? Personally, I can't see the value in that over a regular one and did it have a V8 burble? No.

If i remember correctly, its two bike engines welded together, could explain the sound.

Good episode tho

Yeah, it's two bike engines.

I hate them smashing up the classics. Why not use a knackered Cavalier or 405 or something, nobody likes them! :lol:

I love top gear, but that one was cack. Sure the rest of the season will be better.

I love top gear, but that one was cack. Sure the rest of the season will be better.

I'm glad someone agrees with me! By the end I felt unimpressed and completely deflated by such an anti climax. I was telling myself the whole way through the program that it would get better and that they'd do something worth watching.. but.. they didn't.

You like the big pointless episode long stunts by the sound of things.

The programme has shifted a lot this way and as a near life long TG viewer, there is very little balance in the show these days. I quite preffered what I saw on Sunday to some of the shows offered up lately. It was the Twingo programme that did it for me. Complete pointless arsecake of a piece that was.

Finally got around to watching it last night. Yeah, i agree, no point having a v8 without the v8 noise. I think the supercharged atom sounded a lot better.

I thought that this Sunday's (30th Jan) was absolutely brilliant, I loved all of the banter between Clarkson and the Aussies. Whoever drove that rally car as 'James' was awesome too, they almost made me want to buy a Proton!

Watched Ep2 on iPlayer last night.

Proton should do well out of the WRC links if they can be reasonable against the established competition. The cars certainly looked and sounded the part.

Boris Becker was typically affable. I see the Mexican joke has attracted attention.

Ferrari thing... I generally make a brew if one comes on.