Police can be complete ********

HAIRBear

My brother got pulled over yesterday and had 4 police trying to find everything and anything wrong with the car.

The obvious - wheels sticking out, number plate!

reckons there's not enough arch gap, bold tyres, they pulled the seats up as if to get in the back and said they were unsafe, opened the bonnet and made a note of the engine cover being sprayed white!

They put a clamp on the steering wheel and gave him 3 points, i know your probably going to say thats generous, but there saying we have to get it towed away to an m.o.t centre, then call the police down to release it. I mean come on!

Why hasnt he been given one of these 7 day wonder thing? there making it so difficult for us to fix this! The amount of people i know who have been pulled over without tax and just been given a slap on the wrist!

Rant over. any suggestions on tryint go blag a better out come as this is going to court?

Sam!

its my old lupo, the green one.

No not at all! there was only two of them and got pulled in a small village, they called another car out from the nearest town! Police who have the authority to remove an m.o.t apparently?

rollingshot-1.jpg

Indeed the police have a job to do like anyone else, they are not unemotional and unfeeling if you act like a c**t towards them they can only shrug off so much and will use there discretion to throw the book at you but converse, be honest and helpful and friendly then you can get away with a friendly warning.

Number plate, should have the standard correct font with the correct spacing and not have any nuts or bolts to alter its appearance those are the basics but read more here.

Here's some details on the MOT as you will see it is only a requirement that the front seats be secure and the suspension be of satisfactory condition, here are a few more details on tyre condition but im sure they will be okay if has been checking them regularly with his tyre tread depth gauge, as for the painted engine cover i cant see any problem at all with that.

Should sail though its MOT in which case lodge a complaint with the independent police complaints commission in which case you might be able to get the 3 points back and maybe get any costs re-reimbursed.

Thanks for that, however i hope your not impliying anyone was acting like a c*nt!! Because thats far from the way any of us did or would ever act towards a police officer!

they probably just had a really crap day and wanted to screw over such a young male with such a nice car, I will pass on that link though and log a complaint and hope for the best.

We spoke to a constable this morning and he basically said it would be unfair to comment on the way it was dealt with, it was obvious he felt it was absolutely ridiculous to not even give us a chance to fix the problem.

The car passed its m.o.t very recently, and the seats are secure they just wernt happy with how they came forward to get in the back even though there standard seats as far as im concerned.

if he has a bold tyre he was pushing his luck anyway but i'd check it yourself. They tried to give me three points on the charge of driving a vehicle in a dangerous condition for having 2 wheel bolts missing on seperate wheels which i argued for a long time in court and won. They have prety precise guidelines on the difference between a pg9 and driving in dangerous condition i can try and find paperwork out but if his tyre was below legal limit there's not much you can do about the points, as for getting it home hire a trailer and arrange to pick it up i'm prety sure it doesn't have to go to a garage

Arch gap wise, im sure there is a law somewhere that states it should have so much arch gap in case of a flat tyre so that arch does not sit on the tyre?

I don't understand how a flat tyre would make the arch-gap smaller? Wouldn't a flat tyre make the arch gap bigger, thus making it harder for the arch to hit the wheel?

I think most people would expect to be able to go home and change a tyre if they got pulled over and told it was slightly bold. Another police officer had a look and reckons the tyres are fine. So god knows whats happening now! :L

i dont see why they didn't let him drive it back it might of been an mot failure but its still drivable. My mate crashed his car last week wrote it off and the police came got involved and a policeman drove his car about 10 yards and said yep thats fine to drive home. i couldn't believe he said that the whole front end was crushed in and he had broken headlight which is an mot failure, so anyway we drove off got to the end of the road went to turn a corner and because the front was crushed in the wheels wouldn't turn and so much steam came out the bonnet couldn't see a thing its so lucky we didn't crash again.

i dont see why they didn't let him drive it back it might of been an mot failure but its still drivable. My mate crashed his car last week wrote it off and the police came got involved and a policeman drove his car about 10 yards and said yep thats fine to drive home. i couldn't believe he said that the whole front end was crushed in and he had broken headlight which is an mot failure, so anyway we drove off got to the end of the road went to turn a corner and because the front was crushed in the wheels wouldn't turn and so much steam came out the bonnet couldn't see a thing its so lucky we didn't crash again.

Steam is boiling water...

I smoke is completely different, judging by what you've said it would have been the tyres rubbing on something that caused the smoke.

deepest apologies for using the term slightly bald! jeeeze. how can you not understand what i mean by that, its obviously not quite as black and white as you might think if one police officer is wanting to take him to court and the other says there fine. Id say slightly bald is sayyy 1.5mm tread and maybeee, this is bald? they might well both be illegal but still quite a differance id say.

3697719754_585859f10c.jpg

marshy that pretty much confirms how ridiculous they are being!