1.4 16v engine?

smitty12

looked on google and its all just people asking the question with the same answer "google it"

Is it just a remap?

I'm thinking exhaust, piperX panel filter with DSG intake and coilovers so any advice on them?

Coilovers won't improve bhp........

Really? I was told that they added 20BHP.

Not as good as window tints though because they add 30BHP :)

Coilovers Will improve the amount of underage fanny you pick up. Which is better than 25bhp...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Really? I was told that they added 20BHP.

Not as good as window tints though because they add 30BHP :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hang on your missing the greatest gaing mod here! Its in the title! "Go faster racing stripes" 100+bhp!

I do realise coilovers dont increase bhp, i'm not that think lol

Hang on your missing the greatest gaing mod here! Its in the title! "Go faster racing stripes" 100+bhp!

I do realise coilovers dont increase bhp, i'm not that think lol

I didn't think that you were THINK for one second :P

**** lol THICK!!!

So can anyone answer the question? what is the difference?

Or what bhp are people getting out of the engines? My golf done 0-62 in 10.2seconds, would like the Lupo to beat that if possible!

Coilovers Will improve the amount of underage fanny you pick up. Which is better than 25bhp...

That its possibly the best line Ive ever seen on here, I love it!

**** lol THICK!!!

So can anyone answer the question? what is the difference?

Or what bhp are people getting out of the engines? My golf done 0-62 in 10.2seconds, would like the Lupo to beat that if possible!

A lupo sport could beat that. Without spending a happy chunk of your money you arnt going to get the extra 25bhp easily. Youre better off saving your money selling the 75bhp lupo and buy a sport. Slightly blunt, but sadly true.

i know one of the cams are different the injectors throttle body and inlet manifold and i would presume the ecu would be mapped differently + a few other bits iv just bought a lupo s and put a sport engine in that unsure of bhp as its running the 75 hp throttle body ecu and injectors but its fairly quick and id say nearly on par with my arosa sport

i know one of the cams are different the injectors throttle body and inlet manifold and i would presume the ecu would be mapped differently + a few other bits iv just bought a lupo s and put a sport engine in that unsure of bhp as its running the 75 hp throttle body ecu and injectors but its fairly quick and id say nearly on par with my arosa sport

I think thats about right in terms of differences under the bonnet. Im impressed if you're keeping up with sports if youre running a 75bhp ecu and throttle body

If i were to do a engine conversion it definitely wouldn't be for another 1.4, 20vT would be the engine of choice but dont have the £££ to burn!

I've not had my Lupo on the road yet as i've got to replace the seal round the crack shaft as its got a small oil leak and i'm servicing and doing the timebelt before i get it going :)

I'll see what it drives like but i think a PiperX filter, re-rount the intake and a decent exhaust system with a remap would definitely up the power, uprated cams may be a good gain too, i knew i could have got some performance cams for the golf for around £160 so presumably they'll be less for a Lupo?

I think air flow the the engine will be the first job, i'll try for 100bhp first then see what happens, definitely wanting this to be a long project thou, devistated i never finished the golf so will do my best on the Lupo!

i was very lucky with mine i got it with the buggered engine and got the sport one for £240 its only done around 38k the beauty of just fitting a sport engine is no expensive engine managment downpipes ect its all bolt on bolt off stuff

funny exaust too with a regulator valve built into it. Mine popped off a little while ago and I noticed a heck of a difference with the overall power and with fuel too.