Nova Loon

BenLAST

Lupo is now just sat on the drive, either waiting to be sold or waiting till i can be bothered to do some more things to it, shall keep that quiet though.

Heres the next project. 10 hour road trip with the gf to pick it up from Hull. Its mint, slightly bubbling on the rear arches but generally solid. Never seen a body shop either. Needs some bits doing, front wing is creased but i'll sort that in due time.

nova1.jpg

Completely standard poverty spec 1.0 interior. No cig lighter, no rev gauge, no side air vents! 1x 10cm dash speaker, makes a change from the Lupo.

nova2.jpg

Numberplate is pretty cool as well.

And the engine.

nova3.jpg

X16XE out of a Corsa B, about 120bhp as standard. Its quick. Apparently does a 14.6 quarter mile but i reckon more mid 15's at a push. Got an Ashley 2" system sitting here, and an Ashley 4-1 manifold which both should take it up to about 130bhp. Got some bodies sitting in my garage, a lightened flywheel in my lockup, and may have some cam's on the way. Going to take my time with it, step by step, but i aim for late this year to be at 180bhp at least.

Wheels are first step though, things never change eh? The Wellers didn't go over the brakes, and the offset was all wrong. Will be on the hunt for something shiney after Winter.

novas only suit one wheel alessio speedlines i had them on my gte back in the day i loved that car

Its mint

slightly bubbling on the rear arches but generally solid. Never seen a body shop either. Needs some bits doing, front wing is creased but i'll sort that in due time

Make your mind up!

Other than your own contradiction it looks like a pretty cool car, be careful with it, they are getting quite rare now!

Aye hes still owns nothing but vauxhalls :lol:

onto a corsa b redtop now isnt he?

think hes stil got that gte aswel

wasnt that white nova the one that hit like 170+ with 4 in on stainburn bypass lol

I WANT!

My first car was a Nova, a 1985 'B' plate 1.2L 3 door in Carnellian Red. I REALLY wish i hadn't sold it, was great fun. Spec was standard engine, 4 speed box, nova SR splitter, GTE tailgate, modded SR clocks, GSI steering wheel, Cavalier GSI2000 alloys and PMC fixed height gas shock and springs. Handled like a go-kart and I really gave that car some abuse over the years, and it took it all! I dreamt of owning a red-top Nova and still would given the money! My nova love is strong!

Speedline Alessio 2's are the best rims for a nova, suit them so well, though I do like those wheels already on it. And thats a proper cheeky engine conversion too......